DevOps/Cloud Engineer (100% Remote) - Kubernetes, Jenkins, AWS, Helm, Ansible, Chef, Docker, Git, Terraform, etc.)
- Job Title
- DevOps/Cloud Engineer (100% Remote) - Kubernetes, Jenkins, AWS, Helm, Ansible, Chef, Docker, Git, Terraform, etc.)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Work Remote
- Work Hybrid
- Farmington Hills, MI 48334
- Other Location
DevOps/Cloud Engineer - Kubernetes, Jenkins, AWS, Helm, Ansible, Chef, Docker, Git, Terraform, etc.)
United States (100% Remote)
$110,000/yr. - $160,000/yr. + 10% bonus – Full-time Senior Level
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join the team responsible for operations (installation and maintenance) in our client’s test and production environments. This individual must have a strong ability to integrate cloud principles with application deployment processes. Good system administration, technical operations, and ability to communicate and work with others are critical for success.
- Extend existing infrastructure to leverage cloud services (primarily AWS).
- Automate our code builds and deployments based on DevOps/Agile and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery principles.
- Establish and manage operational and security policies to mitigate risk in cloud-hosted environments.
- Collaborate with development teams to help provision scalable and reliable application software running in a cloud environment.
- Create and utilize tools to monitor applications and services in the cloud, including system health indicators, trend identification, and anomaly detection.
- Participate in on-call escalation to troubleshoot customer-facing issues regarding the cloud environments.
- Mentor and train existing IT Operations personnel on cloud provisioning and best practices.
- Maintain safety, security, and privacy standards throughout all areas of responsibility.
- Extensive experience in designing, building, and administering internet-based full stack commercial applications.
- Extensive experience in managing data-centric, web-based applications.
- Knowledge and experience with container technologies – Docker and Kubernetes preferred.
- Hands-on experience with cloud formation templates.
- Working knowledge of on premise hosting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including but not limited to: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Visio.
- Jenkins and continuous integration.
- Infrastructure as code tooling (cloud formation/Terraform/Chef).
- Experience with Atlassian products including Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket.
- Experience with middleware and B2B gateway products.
- Knowledge of SQL and Unix/Linux shell scripting.
- AWS Certified Solution Architect-Associate /AWS Certified Dev. Ops. Engineer- Professional or similar experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think critically.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to manage time and multiple priorities.
- Ability to document and update standard operating procedures.
- Disciplined, detail-oriented, and well organized with a strong background in operational methodology.
- Ability to interface and work with varied positions and levels of technical knowledge both within the department and with other departments in the company.
- Solid analytical and troubleshooting skills to quickly determine root causes of problems and drive towards solutions.
- Must foster a collaborative and collegial atmosphere within a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
Other Essential Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years’ experience
- We are looking for candidates with 5+ years of experience in DevOps/Cloud roles. Most important technical skills are Kubernetes, Jenkins, AWS and Helm, although we work with a wide variety of technologies (Ansible, Chef, Docker, Git, Terraform, etc.) We’re most interested in people coming from software development as opposed to heavy Linux or systems admin background.
- Candidates should be team-oriented with strong collaboration and communication skills, as well as have initiative to help our DevOps organization move forward.
- We prefer local candidates (Metro Detroit, MI) but are open to fully remote, preferably within the eastern time zone.