Information Protection Engineer (Remote)
- Job Title
- Information Protection Engineer (Remote)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Morris Plains, NJ
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for an Information Protection Engineer in a remote capacity. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Hands on experience with multitude of industry standard security tools related to risk assessment/basic penetration best practices and methodologies including Kali Linux, MetaSploit, Nmap, BurpSuite, Hashcat, Nessus, Security Center, Nikto, Dirb, Sqlmap, Hydra, etc.
- Ability to perform risk assessments against infrastructure assets through basic penetration testing methodologies.
- Understanding of configuring authentication, crypto, 2FA/MFA.
- Interpret and comprehend Action Plan Vulnerability and Penetration Test Reports. Identify Abuse Cases (e.g. logic/process flaws).
- Ability to think like an attacker and partner with key stakeholders to develop controls.
- Ability to research/develop custom solutions and controls which effectively remediate vulnerabilities.
- Develop innovative and creative ways to carry out remediation activities, and strategic business and team objectives.
- Ability to perform vulnerability analysis, threat modeling and risk assignment.
- Proficient working within Excel.
- 2 years of experience focused on cyber security, risk management, vulnerability/configuration management or similar experience
- Understanding security/vulnerability assessment core competencies related to varying technologies including Networking, *NIX, Windows, Database, Virtualization, web applications and others
- Knowledge of what constitutes a cybersecurity risk and the relationship to both threats and vulnerabilities along with the ability to identify systemic security risks.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong partnerships with key stakeholders, and to work across diverse businesses and regions, balancing the needs of multiple organizations.
- Ability to organize effectively.
- Effective leadership and ability to coordinate with people and teams towards the completion of tasks and deliverables.
- Ability to explain highly technical concepts to non-technical individuals
- Certification in information security (CISSP, CEH, OSCP, GWAPT or equivalent) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in computer related field