Senior SQL DBA - 100% Remote
- Job Title
- Senior SQL DBA - 100% Remote
- Job ID
- Norfolk, VA 23510
- Other Location
SQL DBA - 100% Remote
Conexess is seeking a self-motivated Database Administrator who will work closely with development teams, supporting the enterprise databases for automotive products. We are seeking a team player, who is a great communicator, that is well versed in SQL Server, data load scripts, database administration, and data modeling.
- Work with the developers in the process of writing and deploying database code.
- Provide guidance on complex queries and the optimization of processes and statements.
- Gather requirements and specifications from end users or developers.
- Shares database requirements with developers on their team to guide development projects and ensure that the system meets functional requirements.
- Conduct database troubleshooting and maintenance, and bug fix on databases and applications.
- Resolve issues without excessive downtime or data loss and validate data and perform extensive testing to ensure that the database systems and access programs meet the end user’s requirements.
- Ensure that data is intact, correct, and accessible after server or database backups and restores.
- Seek out methods to better handle data and increase system efficiency.
- Write more complex and optimized queries, changing data structures, or automating tasks to decrease development time.
- Propose and develop improved methodologies and institute best practices around database security and access.
- Participate on-call rotation.
- Capturing and translating the business needs of the assigned service areas into functional business requirements
- Managing the change control process by identifying risks, mitigation plans, and test plans for simple to complex changes with assigned business systems
- Using SQL Server 2017 or above on Windows Server 2016.
- Extract, transform and load data from different sources using SSIS, and converting packages to stored procedures.
- Using documentation tools, including Google Docs
- Using and understanding web browsers, including: Chrome, Edge
- Providing Systems support (rebooting servers, adding/removing users, working with developers) for all critical business systems (whether in the assigned service area or not)
- Communicating effectively both orally and in writing
- Using effective interpersonal skills with tact, patience, and courtesy
NICE TO HAVE:
- Configuring and troubleshooting always-on and replication issues.
- Using third party tools such as SQL Sentry, LiteSpeed.
- Using Powershell, and understanding of coding languages such as C# and .Net
- Using reporting and BI tools, including: Google Sheets, or SSRS, or Power BI or Tableau
- Using research and analytical methods, practices and procedures to define and resolve issues
- Provide technical expertise and assistance to the Database Manager
- Learn computer software packages and adapt for specific customer applications quickly and effectively
- Develop and maintain clear and concise user documentation
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
- Work effectively on several projects concurrently
- Work independently with minimal direct supervision and make decisions within broad guidelines
- Plan and organize work to meet project schedules and timelines
- Work in a team environment to solve complex problems