New Store Opening - Retail Food Clerk
- Job Title
- New Store Opening - Retail Food Clerk
- Job ID
- Macomb, MI 48042
- Other Location
Join your new neighborhood grocery store that is focused on bringing fresh, local, and affordable products. Join the Meijer family in a fun, community focused environment that is full of autonomy. These are neighborhood grocery stores created by Meijer, focused on bringing "a unique shopping experience featuring a full assortment of fresh food, local, artisan groceries, and Meijer and national brand products."
Retail Food Clerk is applicable to the following departments: Grocery, Produce, Meat/Seafood, Bakery, or Deli.
Responsible for delivering remarkable customer service by providing customers with exceptional product knowledge, efficient service and a friendly attitude; will be exposed to a variety of retail tasks related to product, customer service and merchandising.
Join a community. Build a career.
We are searching for a new member of the Meijer family! When you join us as a Food Clerk, you will provide customers with exceptional product knowledge, efficient service, and a friendly attitude. You will play a vital role in keeping our store running smoothly and having a positive impact on the community we serve. Sound good to you? Join us!
What will you be doing?
- Build rapport with customers.
- Display a friendly and outgoing attitude through good eye contact and body language.
- Respond to customer questions in an effective manner.
- Stock product and maintain product displays according to merchandising standards.
- Utilize technology to complete activities and tasks.
- Follow safety and sanitation procedures to ensure quality service and products for our customers.
- This position for a Retail Food Clerk is applicable to the following departments: Grocery, Produce, Meat/Seafood, Bakery, or Deli.
- You are detail-oriented and organized.
- Strong listening and communications skills, face-to-face and virtually.
- Willingness to learn or existing familiarity with job-specific technology.
- Problem-solving competence and eagerness to troubleshoot when necessary.
- Process-driven with ability to follow procedures in an organized and efficient way.
- Ability to stay calm while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to work with customers on a consistent basis.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, bend, and twist while handling product.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Weekly Pay
• Flexible Schedules
• Medical/Prescription/Dental/Vision Plan Coverage
• Meijer 401 (k) Retirement Plan
• Paid Days Off & Holiday Pay
• Team Member Store Discount
• Educational Assistance
• Leadership Development Training Opportunities
- Required Skills