Resident Engineer – HMI & Infotainment Testing (2 Openings) (Hybrid Remote/On-site in Plano, TX or Novi, MI)
- Job Title
- Resident Engineer – HMI & Infotainment Testing (2 Openings) (Hybrid Remote/On-site in Plano, TX or Novi, MI)
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Plano, TX 75075
- Other Location
Resident Engineer – HMI & Infotainment Testing
- Words/Text Management – develop & maintain the library database of all words/text that appears on HMI screens
- HMI Screen Testing for multimedia development
Plano, TX or Novi, MI (Hybrid On-Site/Remote)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
To be an engineering contact between the customer and the Company. Work directly with company design teams, the customer, and their suppliers to design and implement the best infotainment products possible and establish superior software and HMI interfaces to said products. To look out for the customer’s best interest at all times.
KEY JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
We are in need of 2 Resident Engineers for the following two needs:
- This position is for All Words management. Maintain library database of All Words/ text that appears on HMI screens. HMI spec and library match verification and track specification changes with reflection to data base/ library. Lead in review of All Words and text quality.
- HMI screen testing effort for automotive multimedia development.
Engineers to serve as testers for planning, test script creation/ review, cross check with HMI specification, test quality tracking, test report, and HMI function quality checking. Requires to work with customer and development team; design, review, and negotiate specification with development, drawing, DRs, and requirements related to HMI; main in charge of evaluation and solving engineering issues; evaluate /analyze / counter measure claims during development and production with internal and external customer for electronics software issues; analyze validation issues and testing requirements for evaluation improvements; create technical reports; prepare material and develop issue list for customer meeting; attend customer meeting; coordinate issues and requirements/ requests between Japan development team, internal team, and customers; The engineer will be participating in group evaluations, automation creation, and testing; assisting the team with research and documentation tasks.
- Establish and support clear engineering and design communication between the Company, the customer and customer suppliers. Attend and/or coordinate various customer design reviews, program and group meetings, internal company design review and program meetings, and various supplier's design reviews and program meetings. Make presentations; take notes, and write meeting minutes as needed.
- Define, modify, and create specifications. Ensure specifications are being met.
- Serve as contact to customer engineering.
- Use knowledge of UX theory & HMI properties to design/implement electronic infotainment products & interfaces; ensure clear communications.
- Contribute to user research, creating system solutions and concepts, defining the principles and personas for the project.
- Create a cohesive style guideline to be applied across the user interface. Maintain consistency in visual elements and define behavior throughout all screens.
- Assist and create presentations, sketches, diagrams, maps, computer renderings, storyboards, videos, or other items as necessary to properly communicate ideas and solutions to team, colleagues, suppliers, or clients. Designs should be designs/solutions focused on specific strategies despite working on multiple targets
- Assist in preparing testing materials and contribute in User testing and validation of proposed solutions as needed.
- Create designs that are on target for the User while understanding and considering added cost versus added value.
- Coordinate customer design reviews & internal/supplier meetings; release & track parts in customer systems.
- Define/modify/create specifications, drawings, and cohesive style guideline to be applied across the user interface.
- Document/communicate part failures; determine root cause & implement solutions; attend & support launches; develop requirements.
- Release and track parts via customer systems. Write and get EWOs (Engineering Work Orders) approved.
- Define, modify, and create DFMEA/DRBFMs, HMI, drawings, service procedures, owner's manuals, etc.
- Define, modify, and create component validation test plans and review them with the customer.
- Document and communicate part failures to the customer in a timely manner.
- Root cause part failures and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Support the customer's systems and vehicle level validation.
- Attend and/or support pre-production virtual and physical builds as needed/required.
- Root cause build issues and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Attend and/or support production launches as needed/required.
- Root cause build issues and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Value added and value engineering activities.
- Participate in requirement and specification definition for connected services between customer and other relevant development partners.
- Actively engage in End-to-End system requirements definition and specification between customer and other relevant development partners
- Coordinate and align requirements/specifications process between customer and supplier home location through appropriate meetings and other communication methods
- Support and actively engage in test strategy, test plan and test case development with customer and other relevant development partners
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis during new system integration phases and End-2-End system/component testing
- Actively participate in engineering and test review meeting as assigned by customer team (along with follow-up and resolution of action items, needed decisions, etc.)
- Actively participate in project & defect management meetings and provide insight/guidance on current system/components engineering and testing status
- Actively setup and drive meetings between customer and home organization to ensure clear communication and escalation path
- Report to product engineering lead on regular basis as defined by product lead
- Provide specific tools/methods to update/verify, diagnose, troubleshoot respective system/component and efficiently drive defect/issue resolution
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor of Science (BS) in Electrical or Electronics Engineering, or Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Interface/Interaction Design or Software or Related Field.
Equivalent experience in the automotive industry working and good experience in automotive system or electronics. Need to have strong software skills in Sketch, Abstract, Excel, Confluence, and JIRA. Connected service (strong skills in connected service even better if he/ she has Entune experience), BT, automation, Vehicle Spy, Python, AVC LAN, cell phone connectivity, and LabVIEW experience are a plus. with audio products, electronics or acoustics. Must have strong general electronics skills and aptitude. Also prefer understanding of automotive customer databases, systems, and HMI.
- Graphic Design
- HMI Design
- HMI Tools: Sketch/ Abstract; QT; Adobe Photoshop; and Adobe Air
- Ergonomics: Creating products or environments that allow natural motion and state of humans as much as possible for operation of tools and machines.
- Cognitive Science: Cognitive reaction of humans about the output (reaction of machines) from input (operation by humans) during operation of tools and machines applied to the research results to form factors and design.
- General automotive electronics components: Audio; Navigation System; and Automotive Driver Assistance System (ADAS)
- Marketing: Understand how to analyze market/industry/competitor trends on related industries such as automotive, IT, and consumer electronics.