New Store Opening - Retail Service Associate
- Job Title
- New Store Opening - Retail Service Associate
- Job ID
- Lake Orion, MI 48360
- Other Location
Join your new neighborhood grocery store that is focused on bringing fresh, local, and affordable products. Join the Meijer family in a fun, community focused environment that is full of autonomy. These are neighborhood grocery stores created by Meijer, focused on bringing "a unique shopping experience featuring a full assortment of fresh food, local, artisan groceries, and Meijer and national brand products."Ready for a fresh start? Be a part of the excitement at Meijer Grocery delivering an extraordinary customer experience and high-quality essentials to our community!
Ready for a fresh start? Be a part of the excitement at Meijer Grocery delivering an extraordinary customer experience and high-quality essentials to our community!
If you have a passion for Customer Service, Meijer Grocery needs for one of our Front End positions as:
Cash Office Associate
Service Desk Associate
MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE
CURRENT/PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE IN FINANCING, BANKING, CUSTOMER SERVICE, SERVICE COORDINATOR, CASHIER IS A PLUS
What is Meijer Grocery?
Meijer Grocery stores are a new foods-first way to shop. We’re introducing a totally new and different store format that reflects the values and promise of the Meijer master brand – like freshness, low prices, and incredible service for our customers.
What makes Meijer Grocery different? It’s designed to be more convenient. Like a neighborhood store. It majors in fresh produce, great food assortment, and local and Meijer brand products, along with just what you need to get through your week – like household, baby and pet essentials, and a pharmacy.
Your new Meijer Grocery is not a supercenter. It’s a simplified shopping experience.
- Utilize technology to complete activities and tasks.
- You create ‘WOW’ moments that have a positive and lasting impact on our customers.
- Complete transactions, handle money in all forms responsibly and maintain accuracy of point of sale purchases.
- Use good eye contact and body language, displaying a friendly and outgoing attitude.
- Be prepared to handle customer questions adequately and appropriately.
- Build trustful relationships with customers to encourage return visits.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Strong listening and communications skills, face-to-face and virtually.
- Willingness to learn or existing familiarity with job-specific technology.
- Problem-solving competence and eagerness to troubleshoot when necessary.
- Desire to work with customers.
- Previous retail or customer experience preferred but not required.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Friendly outgoing attitude.
- Ability to operate cashier register system.
- Required Skills