New Store Opening - Personal Shopper
- Job Title
- New Store Opening - Personal Shopper
- Job ID
- Macomb, MI 48042
- Other Location
Join your new neighborhood grocery store that is focused on bringing fresh, local, and affordable products. Join the Meijer family in a fun, community focused environment that is full of autonomy. These are neighborhood grocery stores created by Meijer, focused on bringing "a unique shopping experience featuring a full assortment of fresh food, local, artisan groceries, and Meijer and national brand products."Ready for a fresh start? Be a part of the excitement as a Personal Shopper at Meijer Grocery delivering an extraordinary customer experience and high-quality essentials to our community!Ready for a fresh start? Be a part of the excitement as a Personal Shopper at Meijer Grocery delivering an extraordinary customer experience and high-quality essentials to our community!
As a Personal Shopper, you will use technology to fulfill customer online order for our Meijer Pickup Service. You will deliver a quality customer experiences by providing efficient, effective customer service that create a positive and lasting impact on Meijer customers.
NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED; TRAINING PROVIDED
MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
CURRENT/PREVIOUS ECOMMERCE, CASHIER, FOOD SERVICE, INSTACART, SHIPT, PERSONAL SHOPPER OR RETAIL EXPERIENCE A PLUS
What is Meijer Grocery?
Meijer Grocery stores are a new foods-first way to shop. We’re introducing a totally new and different store format that reflects the values and promise of the Meijer master brand – like freshness, low prices, and incredible service for our customers.
What makes Meijer Grocery different? It’s designed to be more convenient. Like a neighborhood store. It majors in fresh produce, great food assortment, and local and Meijer brand products, along with just what you need to get through your week – like household, baby and pet essentials, and a pharmacy.
Your new Meijer Grocery is not a supercenter. It’s a simplified shopping experience.
- Weekly pay
- Scheduling flexibility
- Paid parental leave
- Paid education assistance
- Care.com/back-up care assistance
- Team member discount
- Development programs for advancement and career growth
What You'll be Doing:
- This position will build customer loyalty and satisfaction by providing remarkable service at the curbside pick-up area with fast, friendly and accurate order fulfillment and payment collection.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with customers, team members, and leadership.
- Present a courteous and friendly attitude towards customers (in person and on phone) and respond to their questions and needs promptly.
- Resolve customer complaints quickly by contacting leadership when needed.
- Receive work assignment from order system and fill orders for the day.
- Utilize selection process for product within the store and bag product appropriately following bagging standards.
- Store product correctly in the staging area following food safety guidelines.
- Greet each customer and take payment for the order ensuring an easy shopping experience.
- Maintain a clean and neat work environment.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Must be 18 years of age
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- 1 - 3 years or more of Customer Service experience is helpful.
- Must have the ability to move around the store safely and quickly while filling several orders at once.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays per business needs.
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of the position to include bending, bagging groceries and loading and unloading shopping cart.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds of merchandise.
- 1-3 years of experience in a Meijer Store or other Grocery Retailer a plus.
- Past cashier experience is helpful.
- Must be comfortable using basic technology.
- Strong communication skills.
- General awareness of food safety regulations.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Process driven and ability to follow procedures in an organized and efficient way.
- Required Skills