New Store Opening - Inventory/Pricing Coordinator
- Job Title
- New Store Opening - Inventory/Pricing Coordinator
- Job ID
- Macomb, MI 48042
- Other Location
Join your new neighborhood grocery store that is focused on bringing fresh, local, and affordable products. Join the Meijer family in a fun, community focused environment that is full of autonomy. These are neighborhood grocery stores created by Meijer, focused on bringing "a unique shopping experience featuring a full assortment of fresh food, local, artisan groceries, and Meijer and national brand products."
Ready for a fresh start? Be a part of the excitement as an Inventory Coordinator at Meijer Grocery delivering an extraordinary customer experience and high-quality essentials to our community! Your convenient neighborhood store is coming to Macomb Twp, MI in 2023!
We are looking for friendly team members to work in a clean and safe environment, focusing on efficiency, productivity and growth in the following departments:
As an Inventory Coordinator, you will conduct physical inventory counts of all General Merchandise, Grocery, Dairy/Frozen, or Health & Beauty. Researches and reports discrepancies
MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
ALL EXPERIENCE LEVELS WELCOME; TRAINING PROVIDED
PREVIOUS RETAIL INVENTORY, WAREHOUSE, LOGISTICS, MERCHANDISING EXPERIENCE A PLUS
What is Meijer Grocery?
Meijer Grocery stores are a new foods-first way to shop. We’re introducing a totally new and different store format that reflects the values and promise of the Meijer master brand – like freshness, low prices, and incredible service for our customers.
What makes Meijer Grocery different? It’s designed to be more convenient. Like a neighborhood store. It majors in fresh produce, great food assortment, and local and Meijer brand products, along with just what you need to get through your week – like household, baby and pet essentials, and a pharmacy.
Your new Meijer Grocery is not a supercenter. It’s a simplified shopping experience.
What You'll be Doing:
- Compares and reconciles physical inventory counts to those maintained in the inventory system every period.
- Reconciles physical and financial inventories. Must be able to monitor inventory performance and identify variances.
- Counts all Finished Goods / Packaging and Ingredients once a month.
- Completes necessary system maintenance to ensure accurate inventory accountability.
- Finalize all required cycle count documentation with appropriate signatures.
- Perform thorough research and document inventory discrepancies and reports them to appropriate leader.
- Work directly with internal/external customers to handle any daily deficits.
- Process Inventory adjustments.
- Assist with handling inquiries from outside customers.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to learn technology quickly and communicate with technical resources
- Ability to build cross-functional relationships and facilitate change
- Highly skilled in problem solving, root cause analysis, risk evaluation and solution development
- Strong understanding of databases and data structures.
- Self-motivated and able to handle tasks with minimal supervision or questions.
- Strong communication skills with customer service focus.
- Organized and detail-oriented, able to manage large quantities of data.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Highly motivated problem solver with high degree of initiative and sense of urgency.
Meijer starts with me.
It's not just a brand name, it’s a family name. Founded by Hendrik and Gezina Meijer and their children in 1934, Meijer treats our Team Members like they’re a part of our family. We want to see them happy, growing, and successful. That’s why our Team Members say, "Meijer starts with me.” Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we look for team members who thrive in a collaborative environment and want to help us build on our family culture. Meijer is a great place for you if you want a job that’s more than a paycheck, but a career that plays an important role in your community
- Required Skills