New Store Opening - Direct Store Delivery and Receiving
- Job Title
- New Store Opening - Direct Store Delivery and Receiving
- Job ID
- Macomb, MI 48042
- Other Location
Join your new neighborhood grocery store that is focused on bringing fresh, local, and affordable products. Join the Meijer family in a fun, community focused environment that is full of autonomy. These are neighborhood grocery stores created by Meijer, focused on bringing "a unique shopping experience featuring a full assortment of fresh food, local, artisan groceries, and Meijer and national brand products."
Ready for a fresh start? Be a part of the excitement as a DSD Receiving Clerk at Meijer Grocery delivering an extraordinary customer experience and high-quality essentials to our community! Your convenient neighborhood store is coming to Macomb Twp, MI in 2023!
As the DSD (Direct Store Delivery) Receiving Clerk, you will receive merchandise from outside vendors and ensures proper check-in, inventory, and/or credit. Monitor product levels and maintain accurate inventory records; as well as the maintenance and organization of the warehouse receiving area of the grocery store.
MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE
ALL EXPERIENCE LEVELS WELCOME; TRAINING PROVIDED
CURRENT OR PREVIOUS WAREHOUSE, LOGISTICS, INVENTORY OR RETAIL EXPERIENCE A PLUS
What is Meijer Grocery?
Meijer Grocery stores are a new foods-first way to shop. We’re introducing a totally new and different store format that reflects the values and promise of the Meijer master brand – like freshness, low prices, and incredible service for our customers.
What makes Meijer Grocery different? It’s designed to be more convenient. Like a neighborhood store. It majors in fresh produce, great food assortment, and local and Meijer brand products, along with just what you need to get through your week – like household, baby and pet essentials, and a pharmacy.
Your new Meijer Grocery is not a supercenter. It’s a simplified shopping experience.
- You will build rapport with customers.
- Display a friendly and outgoing attitude through good eye contact and body language.
- Receives direct store delivery products such as soda, chips, alcohol, etc. Checks invoices for accuracy, resolves discrepancies, and assesses product for damage.
- Reduce shrink levels by ensuring credit is received from damaged, returned, and out-of-date products.
- Checks inventory on trucks, unloads products, and ensures accuracy of inventory, product ordering, and associated paperwork.
- Monitors vendor activity by ensuring products are stocked correctly and advising vendors of necessary actions such as cleaning shelves and designated backroom areas.
- Advises department managers of issues regarding vendor or product problems.
- Monitors inventory levels, and reports supply and demand inconsistencies.
- Provides friendly and customer service-oriented attitude by greeting customers, answering questions, and responding to customer complaints.
- Maintains clean, safe and sanitary working and shopping environment by adhering to Company safety procedures.
- Help customers with any questions they may have. If you aren’t able to answer their question, you will direct them to another team member who can.
- Stock product and maintain displays according to merchandising standards.
- This position is applicable to the following departments: Health and Beauty Care, Hardlines, Fashion/Softlines, Pets, Hardware, Card and Party, Outdoor, Seasonal and Floral.
- You are detail-oriented and organized.
- You are process-driven and able to follow procedures in an organized and efficient way.
- You work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to safety operate pallet jack.
- Ability to read and operate digital equipment.
- Ability to maintain detailed records and accurately fill out forms or other documentation.
- Ability to effectively communicate (in written and verbal form) with vendors, partners, and customers.
- Ability to work well with fellow partners and promote a team environment.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Required Skills