New Store Opening - Meat Cutter
- Job Title
- New Store Opening - Meat Cutter
- Job ID
- Macomb, MI 48042
- Other Location
Join your new neighborhood grocery store that is focused on bringing fresh, local, and affordable products. Join the Meijer family in a fun, community focused environment that is full of autonomy. These are neighborhood grocery stores created by Meijer, focused on bringing "a unique shopping experience featuring a full assortment of fresh food, local, artisan groceries, and Meijer and national brand products."
Ready for a fresh start? Be a part of the excitement as a Meat Cutter at Meijer Grocery delivering an extraordinary customer experience and high-quality essentials to our community! Your convenient neighborhood store is coming to Macomb Twp, MI in 2023!
As a Meat Cutter, you will assist in the daily cutting of fresh beef, pork, and grind. Will also follow the production schedule to meet requirements for advertised fresh meat cuts. Processes meat products, fulfills special customer requests; ensures market and seafood cases are kept full, rotates and fresh with prepackaged meats; as well as promotes customer service.
MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE
CURRENT OR PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE AS A MEAT CUTTER A PLUS
What is Meijer Grocery?
Meijer Grocery stores are a new foods-first way to shop. We’re introducing a totally new and different store format that reflects the values and promise of the Meijer master brand – like freshness, low prices, and incredible service for our customers.
What makes Meijer Grocery different? It’s designed to be more convenient. Like a neighborhood store. It majors in fresh produce, great food assortment, and local and Meijer brand products, along with just what you need to get through your week – like household, baby and pet essentials, and a pharmacy.
Your new Meijer Grocery is not a supercenter. It’s a simplified shopping experience.
- Assisting in the writing of fresh meat orders.
- Organizing and checking in fresh meat deliveries.
- Maintaining a positive working relationship with customers, team members and leadership.
- Familiarity with weights and measure processes specific to meat processing.
- Ability to understand and follow specific safety and sanitation procedures.
- Experience in product presentation and packaging.
- Experience using Computer Assisted Ordering applications.
- Current handjack/hilo license.
- Experience with inventory control procedures.
- Required Skills