Quality Technician II
- Job Title
- Quality Technician II
- Job ID
- Middlebury, IN 46540
- Other Location
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you’re provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family – take care of your career and your community!
Paid parental leave
Paid education assistance
Care.com/back-up care assistance
Team member discount
Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
What You'll be Doing:
- Assure facility compliance to affiliate, regulatory and best in class industry quality, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Safe Quality Foods (SQF) and sanitation standards through monitoring and reporting procedures.
- Actively promote plant safety and environmental programs and procedures that are in compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain quality and food safety manuals to assure that all policies and procedures are current and effective, and compliant with corporate and SQF requirements.
- Conduct quality and food safety training as required for all plant personnel.
- Assist the Quality Manager in the development and implementation of quality and food safety systems policies and procedures and may provide assistance to the Leadership Team with Third Party Audits and inspections.
- Provide technical production assistance during trials and with GMP’s, sanitation, and ingredient and product wholesomeness.
- Lead in the evaluation of consumer complaints, and corrective action implementations.
- Lead in the maintenance of and compliance to the plant’s Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) program.
- Coordinate the storage and rework of quality control hold products with appropriate plant personnel.
- Keep Leadership informed of the status of quality assurance and sanitation issues which may impact production and product deployment.
- Provide supervisory leadership when the Department Quality Manager is not available.
- Practice 200% Safety Accountability – Self and Others.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Four-year degree in Food Science, Science or related discipline preferred.
- One-year experience in a Food Manufacturing environment.
- General knowledge/training in Food Safety, HACCP, SQF preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Ability to analyze data and information and make effective and timely decisions.
- Ability to work under pressure and react to situations with urgency.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
- Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
- Required Skills
- Optional Skills
Organized. Strong decision-making skills. Food manufacturing background.