Data & Reporting Analyst (Remote)
- Job Title
- Data & Reporting Analyst (Remote)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- New York, NY 10017
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for a Data & Reporting Analyst in a remote capacity. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Root cause analysis of application issues. This includes identifying, validating, and documenting issues. Effective communication and prioritization of issues with business team and includes testing out solutions and implementing into production.
- Support the Business Intelligence (BI) Solutions Development team for application enhancements and new content.
- Translates customer objectives into requirements understanding and proactively anticipating user needs.
- Engage in operational readiness activities to ensure that project “go-live” is stable and successful
- Work across teams including Data Science, Clinical and Medical Economics to deliver new reporting capability and efficiencies to customers.
- Identify and take ownership of issues with the ability to engage appropriate partners in order to drive to resolution.
- Enforce Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) through effective partnering with upstream data sources to ensure timely and accurate reporting for internal users and customer delivery.
- Enable type Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) by working with stakeholders to identify & define the service level indicators (SLI) and objectives (SLO)
- Work closely with engineering teams on monitoring and performance management tools initiatives to improve system reliability and performance.
- Read, write, and manipulate Python/SQL code for sourcing data/calculations/methodology for data base jobs and/or report generation.
- Support ‘big data’, analyze large data sets to identify root cause of reporting issues, rationalize report outcomes, and/or pinpoint opportunities for improved reporting outcomes.
- Experience in identifying operational efficiencies for improving asset performance, availability, and overall reliability for stakeholder consumption.
- Effective leadership having the ability to take ownership, communicate with all Matrix partners, listen to feedback, and have the flexibility to solve problems in an ever-changing workplace.
- Experience in strategic planning, process automation and business applications\Ability to understand complicated concepts and break them down into easy to understand and meaningful information.
- Knowledgeable of Healthcare Data - Member, Provider, Clinical, Claim, and Eligibility Data.
- Hands on experience with strong database querying skills utilizing SQL Server, TOAD, Hadoop, HUE, and SAS (EG) or Teradata required.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Python experiences required
- Experience with reporting tools such as Excel, LOOKER, Tableau, COGNOS, ServiceNow or SCORE.
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvements
- Experience in development and monitoring tools- Splunk, Dynatrace, & CA APM
- Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) experiences a plus
- Exposure to standard software development practices including agile, deployment pipelines, continuous integrations and continuous delivery