Congratulations! You have taken the first step to finding the job you've always wanted.
This portal has been provided to ease the application process with AH Companies.
If you have previously created a profile on our system;
enter your username and password below.
If this is your first time to our site, Welcome!
Please click the link below to create a profile.
Crane Operator - PM shift
- Job Title
- Crane Operator - PM shift
- Job ID
- Smyrna, TN 37167
- Other Location
Are you honest, want to work and looking to grow? We are a national company experiencing growth!
We are looking for a shipping/receiving Crane Operator to safely lift and move steel material to multiple areas of the facility. This includes occasionally moving machine parts and scrap hoppers.
CRANE OPERATOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform daily crane inspection and documentation
- Operate overhead crane to transport materials to and from storage areas, work stations, load and unload trucks, and within areas of assignment
- Locate material based on production information
- Pull material from storage, ensure accuracy and transfer to machine storage area or to equipment as needed
- Move material from machines to packaging and scales
- Remove and replace slitter heads and scrap hoppers
- Maintain up-to-date crane training
- Communicate safety concerns and quality problems to supervisor and/or shift lead
CRANE OPERATOR KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to accurately select and load material to meet customer and production requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to read and understand material tags and work orders
- Ability to use tape measures, micrometers, and calipers
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with safety rules and requirements
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, and quality standards
CRANE OPERATOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to routinely bend and squat
- Ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to repetitively reach and grasp
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A high school diploma or GED with at least 1 year of industrial or manufacturing experience is preferred.
Crane certification is required.
SCHEDULE: (4x10) Monday – Thursday, 5:00 pm - 3:30 am / (5x8) Sunday - Thursday, 5:00 pm - 1:30 am
PAY: $18.75 +$1 shift diff = $19.75/hr
Mandatory OT required (includes extra hours and sometimes additional days)
***Monthly Productivity Incentive bonus (5 - 50% of previous month's gross pay dependent upon productivity goals)***
BENEFITS: Medical / dental / vision / accident / life / disability / 401K