Project Manager (Mainframe) (Remote)
- Job Title
- Project Manager (Mainframe) (Remote)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Philadelphia, PA 19192
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for a Project Manager in a remote capacity. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Provides counsel and advice to top management on significant IT Project Management matters, often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Responsible for managing, directing, and planning multiple complex projects, or occasionally one highly complex project, consisting of one or more project teams.
- Responsible for coordinating, scheduling, and assigning project tasks, team building, maintaining working relationships with client functional areas outside of IT.
- Applies project development methodologies and reporting techniques to indicate project status.
- May manage and direct one or more project teams of project managers, specialists, analysts, and programmers to meet complex project objectives.
- Reviews, evaluates, and formulates project plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Allocates staff and budget resources to meet changing corporate needs.
- Identifies and negotiates schedules, milestones, and resources required to meet project objectives. Organizes and guides project operations through the use of methodologies accepted by the industry. Evaluates progress and reports progress in terms of quality and performance metrics common to IT projects.
- Modifies schedules as required.
- Works with client departments to coordinate systems testing, installation, training, and support.
- Technical background: Mainframe and Dev ops experience preferable
- Jira experience would be helpful but not required
- Strong project management skills both Agile and waterfall (the Mainframe program is a hybrid)
- Strong leadership skills and ability to drive large, complex work streams.
- Status Reporting and Data gathering.
- Ability to work with complex datasets to derive metrics and reporting.
- Someone who can get up to speed quickly with little hand holding
- Ability to shift direction due to change in priority, flexibility, and agility.
- Risk and issue management - removing blockers and barriers quickly.
- Relationship building with application engineering, leadership, vendor partner and overall program team.