Sr. Manager Data Strategy/Governance
- Job Title
- Sr. Manager Data Strategy/Governance
- Job ID
- Dearborn, MI
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The primary responsibility for this position is to lead data strategy and governance including master data management, data governance, and data architecture. This is a highly visible role that influences key data-creating business processes across the organization. This role works in close partnership with senior management to drive process improvements, define and document data definitions, and advocate for the improvement of data quality and integrity. The team owns the relevant master data tools consisting of workflow tools, data preparation tools, and MDM tools. This role is also responsible for leading data architecture, which is focused on data management standards for the entire IT organization through strong partnerships with IT leadership.
- Coach, mentor and develop team of direct reports.
- Responsible for creating and managing an annual operating budget that promotes growth and profitability.
- Own the overall data governance strategy and develops data management strategy roadmaps.
- Work with cross-functional business leaders to achieve company’s data management goals, standards, practices, and process that drive value to the organization.
- Collaborate with other IT and business leaders to drive execution of vision and ensure alignment.
- Daily management of support incidents, work orders, and change requests according to defined SLAs.
- Manage project resources-internal and external for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Lead project teams to ensure design meets requirements around defining data management goals, standards, practices, process and technologies.
- Analyze and resolve complex data management processes and validation.
- Identify, assess, communicate and mitigate risk.
- Identify and define processes around the use of new technologies and tools.
- Assist in the development of business cases for proposed initiatives.
- Ensure staff has clear performance expectations and development plan/career path.
- Adhere to project and support methodology.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience required in Computer Science or Related Field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a broad range of IT Data related areas inclusive of the following:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in master data management, data governance or similar
- Minimum of 4 years of IT leadership experience
- Strong knowledge in data management practices
- Demonstrated ability to resolve difficult problems and implement solutions/processes that may exceed the scope of initial client/user complaint
- Knowledge of industry networks to ensure awareness of trends and best practices to strengthen organizational and data governance and integrity rules
- Well-developed diagnostic skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the proven ability to communicate with all levels including management