Account Representative (Local Remote - Novi, MI - some on-site work)
- Job Title
- Account Representative (Local Remote - Novi, MI - some on-site work)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Work Remote
- Work Hybrid
- Novi, MI 48377
- Other Location
Account Representative - Automotive (Local Remote - Novi, MI - some on-site work)
POSITION SUMMARY / PURPOSE
- Manage supply chain including demand-supply roll, inventory, operation, and logistics.
- Order download via EDI, sales order entry, and shipment follow-up
- Customer interface regarding supply and pricing.
- Internal coordination with our Japan HQ, Mexico factories, and Texas distribution center.
- Sales Report Preparation and Summarizing.
- Manage accounts receivable & accounts payment for sales department.
KEY JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following and all other duties assigned by the Company’s management within the employee’s skills and capabilities, legal compliance, and safety compliance and within moral and ethical standards. Other duties may be assigned.
- Primary contact window/lead for customers to manage/enter purchase orders, forecast, logistics and inventory with subsidiary companies and customers in NA, Japan (HQ), Canada & Mexico.
- Primary window for accounting department to resolve all non-conforming invoice conditions.
- Schedule and coordinate weekly operations meetings to update management and teammates about PSI (Purchase/Sales/Inventory). Prepare and distribute agenda and meeting minutes.
- Manage service parts for multimedia products and accessory products of automotive.
- Prepare internal documentation such as request for development/design, invoice, stock transfer.
- Maintain Oracle system with latest information such as new part numbers, pricing, and PO.
- Support achievement of sales budget, company goals and direction by establishing strong working relationships with customers and achieving #1 customer evaluation for quality and performance.
- Manages obsolete / build-out product timing and adjusts final purchase quantities and schedule with customers, subsidiary companies and suppliers.
- Conduct sales planning including data analysis and reporting.
- Update and report sales data, inventory levels and slow-moving stock to management weekly.
- Receive orders and forecast from OE customers and communicate with internal departments.
- Support EDI systems maintenance with customers as necessary
- Support preparation of Business Review & customer meeting documentation.
- Maintain and update the internal issue log to support sales and marketing programs.
- Maintain and update the key customer contact database for event and meeting invitations.
- Various management support activities including internal & external meeting arrangements, purchasing, special event coordination, and office equipment/supplies purchasing.
- Follow all quality procedures to maintain compliance with IATF16949 certification standards.
- Support Quality Audit for IATF16949, J-Sox, and environmental standards.
- Manage accounts receivable and communicate with customers for payment.
- Prepare requests for payment to related companies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college (or university)
- FOUR-FIVE years related experience, preferably in OEM Automotive business segment.
- Operational experience is required.
BUSINESS TRIP REQUIREMENT
- Occasional business travel might be requested to attend the training purpose and/or operational meeting with customer(s). (i.e. a few times in a year)
COMPETENCIES Core Competencies
- Exceeding Customer Expectations-Provides timely and professional service to both internal and external customers; is responsive to customer needs and requests; is always courteous to the customer and considers the needs of the customer when making decisions. Has sufficient knowledge of products and services, builds rapport, and helps customers enthusiastically; communicates well with customers and follows up as necessary; is always professional and represents the organization positively.
- Communicating Effectively-Shares information. Listens and involves others. Clearly conveys ideas in a manner that engages others and helps them understand and retain the message. Changes interpersonal style and approach based on circumstance or audience; works with all kinds of people and workgroups; does not judge others.
- Building Fostering Teamwork-Is an honest and dependable team player who contributes to group collaboration and consensual decision making and shows empathy and respect for others. Builds and maintains good working relationships.
- Delivers High-Quality Results- Effectively organizes and balances tasks and priorities. Delivers on commitments; finishes tasks on time and critically reviews work to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Continuous Improvement-Uses formal and informal tools and techniques to achieve operational excellence. Maintains a constant focus on efforts to improve performance, quality and efficiency of work processes.
- Applies Job-Specific Expertise- Understands and masters the skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform daily work tasks.