Project Manager- Oil and Energy
- Job Title
- Project Manager- Oil and Energy
- Job ID
- Houston, TX
- Other Location
Our History: From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are: Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Provide timely, accurate and robust guidance to stakeholders on existing and upcoming physical and financial commodity trading market laws and regulations in the Americas, with support from Legal, as needed.
Responsibilities include but no limited to:
• Assist in managing the Americas Regulation Team and coordinating activities with Regulation leads in other regions.
• Monitor trends and changes in physical and financial commodity trading laws and regulations to identify potential regulatory impact, risks and opportunities.
• Work with Legal and Regulatory Affairs in assessing and responding to proposed commodity trading laws and regulations.
• Act as a regional Subject Matter Expert (“SME”) for Regulation, providing guidance on Exchange and commodity market trading rules, and the rules of other classes of trading venue (bilateral or multilateral), and on any associated clearing house or transaction reporting repository, with support from Legal, as needed.
• Support the Senior Advisor Regulation in maintaining T&S’s relationships with trading regulators on all non-contentious, routine, and customary matters, and handling requests for information and other inquiries from trading regulators, in consultation with Legal and Regulatory Affairs, as required, in such a way as to ensure they remain open and constructive.
• Monitor external compliance incidents/events and provide detailed analysis on these to the Senior Advisor Regulation, the Compliance Leadership Team and other senior management, as required.
• Support External Relations/Government Relations teams on regulatory issues, as required.
• Candidate must have minimum of ten to fifteen (10- 15) years working experience, during which they will have gained in depth knowledge of global financial and commodity trading regulations, particularly in relation to the Americas.
• Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, a Law Degree would be a plus.
• Understanding of and experience in the commodity markets.
• Expert knowledge of Exchange rules relevant to their region and business, including, from a compliance perspective, the development of automated trading systems and order flow internalization platforms.
• Robust written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels of an organization, both internally and externally, and engage with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Strong knowledge of Anti Money Laundering Regulation and White-Collar Crime Laws.
• A sound knowledge of T&S Businesses (including Crude, Products, Gas & Power, Shipping, Operations and Supply) is desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate and partner with business stakeholders, other compliance team members and other functions.