Kubernetes Engineer (Remote)
- Job Title
- Kubernetes Engineer (Remote)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Philadelphia, PA 19192
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for a Kubernetes Engineer in a remote capacity. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Architect, implementation, and management of EKS and Openshift Clusters in a multi-master/node environment. Ensure design conforms to security guidelines and policies with proper ID authentication and transport encryption layers and supports applications that require disaster recovery.
- Cluster management includes capacity, performance, and monitoring. Ensuring cluster capacity can meet the demand of the current workload as well as plan for future growth.
- Storage management and administration of persistent volumes and integration with underlying storage solutions such as OpenStack Cinder, OpenStack Swift, Portworx, NetApp NFS or SolidFire
- Docker Registry installation and management upgrades of the current Docker registry, ensure proper integration with underlying storage systems and LDAP-AD integration. Installation and operations for supporting database. Health monitoring.
- Application Support, as an SME for Docker Kubernetes environment, app support would be expected and anticipated.
- Develop and support app-dev initiatives supporting Dev-Ops, Performance, Tuning, Monitoring, and Application Telemetry
- Establish and collaborate on the IT technical direction as it aligns to the global IT and business.
- Participates in technical research and design efforts in internal or external technical communities
- Acts as the principal designer for major systems and their subsystems utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, existing designs, and best practices
- Subject matter expert in one or more technologies/platforms or highly specialized area(s), and working knowledge of other related domains
- Provides technical thought leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies that assist the functional business units in meeting their strategic objectives
- Viewed as an internal expert, able to influence management and the technical community within their functional domain of expertise
- Proficiency in creating and explaining complex technology models. Projects are large in scope, typically cross-functional, and technically difficult to solve
- 5-7 years of relevant IT work experience
- Full-stack engineer that is proficient with Kubernetes (Primarily EKS), OpenShift and Containers technologies.
- Programming: Golang, Python
- Automation: Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Tekton
- Compute: Linux OS, Docker Engine, Kubernetes container management
- Security: SSL/TLS, IPTables firewall, LDAP/AD
- Network: DNS, Load Balancing (HAProxy), and F5
- Storage: OpenStack Cinder, CEPH, NFS, Block, File, and Object
- Database: Postgres, Mysql, ETCD
- Docker and Kubernete's experience can be supplemented with a proven track record of working with other disruptive technologies and other successes.