AlgoSec Security Orchestration Engineer (Remote)
- Job Title
- AlgoSec Security Orchestration Engineer (Remote)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- New York, NY 10017
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for an AlgoSec Security Orchestration Engineer in a remote capacity. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Serves as a senior Subject Matter Expert (SME) for approaches, procedures, and implementation of data systems for firewall auditing and management control tools.
- Develop code utilizing Perl and other supporting languages to facilitate automation
- Develop AlgoSec orchestration automation to realize opportunities for efficiency/gain
- Code Changes and configuration management
- Understand firewall management practices
- Patch and OS management for the AlgoSec product and developed code/automations
- Configuration of Event monitoring and alerting
- Template, workflow, SLA, and custom attributes development.
- Interface development via connectors and REST API’s to connect to Palo Alto Panorama, FortiNet, Cisco ASA, CheckPoint, InfoBlox, and Service Now.
- Continuously institute risk reduction through policy optimization and audit
- Develops and oversees the development of innovative approaches and solutions to complex problems and issues in the Network Security Engineering space.
- Provides analysis of and suggested solutions to complex issues, as well as complex conceptual analysis
- Works in active partnership with cybersecurity business stakeholders and technical stakeholders to perform cybersecurity architecture risk assessments.
- 5+ years of advanced network security experience within large-scale global operations supporting or operating IT security systems and platforms including firewalls.
- 2 or more years of experience supporting or operating firewall auditing and management controls (e.g. FireMon, Tufin, AlgoSec, Skybox)
- Expert Perl scripting knowledge
- Security infrastructure experience pertaining to Firewalls, IPS/IDS, Proxies, Enterprise Log Management, Load-Balancers, WAFs, DNS/IP management and VPN.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux CLI.
- Understanding of network security concepts and best practices
- Ability to document and communicate on an expert level, addressing individuals, managers, directors and senior leadership across the enterprise
- Security policy automation (design, support, integration) within physical firewall, virtual (e.g. NSX-T), and cloud environments
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Firewall technology experience (Palo Alto Networks preferred)
- Cisco network experience
- Experience in a fortune 500 company
- Coding experience (prefer Java or Python experience), particularly with API programming
- SecOps/DevOps experience
- Have an advanced security and technology certification or plans to pursue