Mainframe Operational Support Engineer (Flex Schedule)
- Job Title
- Mainframe Operational Support Engineer (Flex Schedule)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Morris Plains, NJ
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for a Mainframe Support Engineer. This position requires a local candidate to Morris Plains, NJ or Windsor, CT and will operate on a flex schedule. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Designs, develops, tests, debugs, and implements more complex operating systems components, software tools, and utilities with full competency.
- Coordinates with users to determine requirements.
- Reviews systems under development and related documentation.
- Makes more complex modifications to existing software to fit specialized needs and configurations
- Maintains program libraries and technical documentation.
- May coordinate activities of the project team and assist in monitoring project schedules and costs.
- Set up batch Schedules through the scheduling tools
- Process adhoc job requests
- Peer review changes made.
- Support releases
- Process inquiries, tickets, and requests.
- Work with CA7 and learn IWS for the migration.
- 3 – 5 years of experience of Scheduling
- 3 – 5 years of general IBM Mainframe Operations experience
- Knowledge of ESP, CA7, IWS, AS400, REXX
- Knowledge of MVS, JES, CICS, DB2, and VTAM commands
- Knowledge of JCL, NDM, and FTP
- REXX a plus
- Knowledge of Service Now and Microsoft Office Product
- Familiarity with Health Care or PBM industry helpful