Mid-Senior Hadoop Developer - FTE - Remote
- Job Title
- Mid-Senior Hadoop Developer - FTE - Remote
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Work Remote
- Jacksonsville, FL
- Other Location
Mid-Level Hadoop Developer – Remote – Full Time
Are you a Hadoop Developer with experience in Hadoop technology stack? Are you looking for your next opportunity? If so, consider joining us on our mission of helping our communities achieve better health!
What We Can Offer YOU!
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, work-life balance, flexible work arrangements, opportunities for growth and development, and a great place to work across our enterprise!
Come grow your career with Information Technology (IT)! We build innovative, enterprise-scalable end to end data analytics enabled products and services used by our internal users and external partners including Members, Providers, and Agents, with an emphasis on keeping health information secure and supporting network and data center infrastructure. As we strive to work cross-functionally across the enterprise to build new services, tools, and evaluate new technologies, we welcome self-driven and strongly motivated people who enjoy brainstorming and embrace best practices in secure and scalable design, deployment, and development.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Write code for moderately complex system designs for rewards and provider initiatives. Write programs that span platforms. Code and/or create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Write code for enhancing existing programs or developing new programs.
- Review code developed by other Advanced IT Developers, IT Developers and Associate IT Developers.
- Drive programming standards in collaboration with Senior and Principal Developers.
- Write detailed technical specifications for subsystems. Identify integration points.
- Report and resolve missing elements found in system and functional requirements and explain impacts on subsystem to team members.
- Consult with other Advanced IT Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts, Project Managers and vendors.
- “Scope” time, resources, etc., required to complete programming projects. Seek review from other Advanced IT Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts or Project Managers on estimates.
- Perform unit testing and debugging. Set test conditions based upon code specifications. May need assistance from other Advanced IT Developers and team members to debug more complex errors.
- Supports transition of application throughout the Product Development life cycle. Document what has to be migrated. May require more coordination points for subsystems.
- Researches vendor products / alternatives. Conducts vendor product gap analysis / comparison.
- Accountable for including IT Controls and following standard corporate practices to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
- Ensure all SDLC guidelines are adhered to as defined by the SDLC Office to support audit compliance.
- 4+ years of IT development/programming/coding professional work experience
- Hands on experience with big data /HADOOP technology stack
- Experience working with Spark, Scala, Sqoop, Hive, Hbase
- Experience with NoSQL, Postgres and Mongo
- Experience with Kafka, Nifi
- Experience working on various databases preferably DB2, SQL SERVER
- Experience with batch and real time processing
- Experience with large data processing, ETL, ELT, performance tuning
- Experience and understanding with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures
- Proficiency using versioning tools
- Demonstrated SQL and database skills
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- Proficiency using standard desktop applications such as MS Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio
- Proficiency using debugging tools
- Healthcare industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or equivalent work experience
- Experience using Agile methodology
- Experience and knowledge in Cloudera, Elastic search
- Experience and knowledge in Java Script, Python/R
- experience and knowledge in Solr, AWS