Jr. Interior Designer
- Job Title
- Jr. Interior Designer
- Job ID
- Raleigh/Durham, NC
- Other Location
Thank you for your interest in Project Support Services Inc. Project Support Services Inc. is currently seeking a Jr. Interior Designer. The candidates must be able to successfully complete a background investigation. Successful candidates will be charged with performing the duties listed below individually and as part of a team.
Project Support Services Inc. is a progressive Service-Disabled Veteran-owned business with the best interest of its employees and clients at the forefront of its platform. Project Support Services Inc. offers an excellent compensation package including competitive salaries, health care coverage (medical, dental, and vision), vacation, paid holidays, 401k retirement package, and more.
Interested applicants should apply for this job using the directions listed in this application.
A prominent, award-winning Architectural/Engineering design firm in the Raleigh/Durham area has an opportunity for a Jr. Interior Designer.
- Perform interior design assignments to include conceptual design, schematic design, design development, and construction documentation.
- Create design plans and gather client specifications & material selections needed for construction.
- Works with clients to determine initial goals and requirements for the space to be designed.
- Collaborates with architects, engineers, painters, and builders to further understand how interior space should function, appear, and be furnished.
- Prepares sketches or other visual aids to demonstrate preliminary designs to the client.
- Consults with client to select materials, furnishings, fabrics, colors, lighting, and decor.
- Determines timelines and project costs and presents accurate estimates to clients.
- Orders/obtains necessary materials, adhering to project and budget specifications, and oversees the installation of materials, furniture, and other design elements.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends and materials, techniques, and other developments in interior design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, NCIDQ certification is desired
- 2-5 years of Interior Design experience
- Proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUP required
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of color selection, furniture, and finishes
- Ability to multitask, manage conflicting projects. and adhere to set construction/design budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.