Senior AI Engineer - 100% Remote
- Job Title
- Senior AI Engineer - 100% Remote
- Job ID
- Northville, MI 48167
- Other Location
Senior AI Engineer
A senior AI engineer contributesl by researching and implementing conversational AI technology that drives interfaces with end users. This implementation is primarily focused on proving out technology and implementing easy-to-use APIs that can be exposed to the platform. This role collaborates with the product team and other stakeholders to realize state-of-the-art AI technology to enable a great conversational experience for end users.
ResponsibilitiesA senior AI engineer:
- Builds AI prototypes aligned with high-level product requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the technology for production usage.
- Implements robust AI APIs and utilities to convert AI prototypes to production-ready features.
- Implements automated tests for their developed software.
- Extracts insights from production data to drive new technology.
- Participates in the team's code review process.
- Collaborates with product and other stakeholders to find high quality, deliverable solutions.
- Collaborates with front end engineers to integrate AI technology into the platform.
RequirementsAn AI engineer should have:
- 5+ years of experience, preferably in industry, in software development.
- 3+ years of AI experience.
- Experience building AI systems.
- Bachelor's degree in CS or comparable experience.
- Experience with or willingness to learn Python.
- Experience collaborating with a team of engineers.
- Experience with or willingness to learn Torch.
Preferred qualificationsA senior AI engineer is preferred to have:
- Research experience, particularly in conversational AI.
- Experience taking AI technology to production settings.
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders to find a balance between timeline and functionality.
- Experience taking ownership of mission critical components, from start to finish.
- Experience with containerization technology.
- Experience with development in a Linux environment.
- Experience with common DevOps tools for version control and CI/CD.
- Graduate degree in CS or comparable experience.