Lead Systems Engineer (Hybrid local/100% Remote) - $140-200K
- Job Title
- Lead Systems Engineer (Hybrid local/100% Remote) - $140-200K
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI 48216
- Other Location
Lead Systems Engineer
We are seeking a senior Systems Engineer to shape and create the cloud-based backend for our platform. We’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid of white space and can build from the ground up. If your ideal role is working on a greenfield project and leaving your mark then this is the role for you.
A successful candidate will be part of a team reporting into the Head of Engineering and will have a deep understanding of functional programming and message-based paradigms, building in a AWS serverless architecture with Python. The ideal candidate would be passionate about helping mentor other engineers and contribute to or lead architecture and design decisions.
Some might say there are more important roles. But we can’t. Creating a high-performance, scalable backend architecture to handle rapid growth is paramount to our success. This role will create the backbone for our brand-defining member experience.
- You have 5+ years of experience building technologies for dynamic, ever-changing businesses with a strong consumer or hospitality focus, ideally within a mission-driven brand and distributed workforce. A tech forward or start-up environment = a gold star!
- You are passionate about server-side architecture and technologies, and deeply familiar with patterns like event sourcing and serverless.
- You have experience working with Cloud Platforms (AWS, GCloud, Azure) and using Infrastructure as code approaches (Terraform, AWS CDK). We’re using AWS and CDK.
- You have the ability to demonstrate you are a critical thinker and thought leader in software development. You have a proven ability to break down and execute on complex business-critical requirements.
- You have the ability to work independently and to be self-directing. You have a dedicated workspace within the home with a secure internet connection.
- You have a desire to work on a platform that is relentlessly customer focused.
- You have a strong desire to work at an early stage startup.
- You have a track record of taking ownership and showing initiative.
- You have a deep understanding of computer science within UNIX/Linux based systems.
- You acknowledge that building a user experience from the ground up will involve a flexible, untraditional schedule
- You enjoy a stimulating working environment and have a great sense of humor.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You can help get this rocketship to the moon.
- Hybrid (remote/in office) working schedule
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield health benefits (health, vision, dental, HSA, FSA options)
- One Medical Membership
- Pre-tax travel/transit and child care plans available
- Paid Family Leave
- Training and career development opportunities