Cashier/Gas Station Clerk
- Job Title
- Cashier/Gas Station Clerk
- Job ID
- Sussex, WI 53072
- Other Location
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you’re provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family – take care of your career and your community!
Positions Available: In Store & Gas Station Cashier
Paid parental leave
Paid education assistance
Care.com/back-up care assistance
Team member discount
Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
As a Cashier, you will craft quality customer experiences by providing efficient, effective customer service in the checkout lane that creates a positive and lasting impact on Meijer customers.
MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE
FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME OPPORTUNITIES
SHIFTS AVAILABLE FROM 6AM - MIDIGHT (12AM)
CURRENT OR PREVIOUS CASHIER OR RETAIL EXPERIENCE A PLUS
A career at Meijer is more than a way to pay the bills. We provide a variety of benefits that contribute to a positive work-life balance:
- Flexible Schedule
- Weekly Pay
- Education Reimbursement
- Career Growth
- Paid Parental Leave
- 10% Team Member Discount
- ....and Much More.
Click here for an overview of the position.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Utilize technology to complete activities and tasks.
- You create ‘WOW’ moments that have a positive and lasting impact on our customers.
- Complete transactions, handle money in all forms responsibly and maintain accuracy of point of sale purchases.
- Use good eye contact and body language, displaying a friendly and outgoing attitude.
- Be prepared to handle customer questions adequately and appropriately.
- Build trustful relationships with customers to encourage return visits.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- 18 years of age or older.
- Strong listening and communications skills, face-to-face and virtually.
- Willingness to learn or existing familiarity with job-specific technology.
- Problem-solving competence and eagerness to troubleshoot when necessary.
- Desire to work with customers.
- Previous retail or customer experience preferred but not required.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Friendly outgoing attitude.
- Ability to operate cashier register system.
- Required Skills
Must be 18 years old or older to apply!