Lead Spark/Scala Developer
- Job Title
- Lead Spark/Scala Developer
- Job ID
- Jacksonsville, FL
- Other Location
Principal/Lead Spark and Scala Developer
Conexess Group is aiding a Fortune 500 healthcare client in their search for a 100% remote, full time, Lead Spark and Scala Developer. This is an immediate W2 need and we are unable to sponsor visas at this time. Are you an experienced Spark/Scala software developer, and ready for your next career move with an innovative, solution oriented technology team?
Our Principal IT Developer, supporting Clinical Data, including HL7, CCDA, ADT/ORU, is responsible for development, programming, coding of the most complex and business critical Information Technology solutions. You will provide leadership and consultative guidance on projects with extensive size, scope and risk and serve as an advisor on best practices and as an information technology strategy driver by implementing principles, models, designs, standards and guidelines.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, work-life balance, flexible work arrangements, opportunities for growth and development, and a great place to work across our enterprise!
- Drives enterprise-wide technology strategy implementation based on leading-edge industry standards, best practices and comprehensive understanding of business operations.
- Write code, mostly for new programs, for the most complex system designs and provides consultative guidance on project with extensive size, scope and risk. Write programs that span platforms. Code to and/or create Application Programming Interfaces
- Lead other technical teammates
- Write detailed technical specifications for entire systems (made up of several subsystems). Identify integration points. Review technical specs created by other developers. Ensure sufficient quality and compliance of documentation to architectural standards
- Consult and partner with other Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts and Project Managers. “Scope” time, resources, etc. required to complete programming projects. Seek review from other Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts or Project Managers on estimates. Incorporate other Developer’s scope information into own scope document (for integration points)
- Lead liaison to vendors and assists in reviewing vendor products. Provide SME input on compliance of products to architectural standards and impacts to IT environment
- Perform unit testing and debugging. Set test conditions based upon code specifications.
- Set direction on integration issues and determines the integration approach. Coordinate with other areas for integration architecture solutions
- Continually works to enhance breadth and depth of knowledge and experience. Benchmarks technology strategies and architectures. Monitors and anticipates trends and investigates organizational objectives and needs. Prepares benchmarking reports and presentations.
- 6+ years software development coding experience
- Extensive hands-on coding experience in Spark and Scala
- Experience writing complex SQL queries and extensive data warehousing knowledge
- Experience working with different file formats including XML, Json, Parquet.
- Experience developing code to process large volume data in batch and real time using Spark Streaming.
- Experience leading technical resources on day-to-day basis and/or in large scale project
- Experience in Hadoop stack
- Experience building data flow and process flow diagrams
- Extensive experience working with SQL & NoSQL databases (Mongo, Postgres)
- Proven ability to integrate and initiate IT strategy in area of expertise Demonstrated proficiencies in emerging technologies.
- Expert level proficiency using versioning & debugging tools
- Expert-level ability to communicate highly complex technical information clearly and articulately at all levels and audiences.
- Expert level understanding of the systems development life cycle.
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- Bachelor's degree required IT related field
- Healthcare industry experience
- Experience using Agile methodology.