Senior Full Stack Developer - Java, React Node
- Job Title
- Senior Full Stack Developer - Java, React Node
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Jacksonsville, FL
- Other Location
Senior Full Stack Developer – Java/React/Node
Conexess Group is aiding a Fortune 500 healthcare client in their search for a 100% remote Full Stack Software Engineer. This is a full time opening and we are unable to sponsor visas for this role.
What We Can Offer YOU!
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, work-life balance, flexible work arrangements, opportunities for growth and development, and a great place to work across our enterprise!
Come grow your career with Information Technology (IT)! We build innovative, enterprise-scalable end to end data analytics enabled products and services used by our internal users and external partners including Members, Providers, and Agents, with an emphasis on keeping health information secure and supporting network and data center infrastructure. As we strive to work cross-functionally across the enterprise to build new services, tools, and evaluate new technologies, we welcome self-driven and strongly motivated people who enjoy brainstorming and embrace best practices in secure and scalable design, deployment, and development.
What Will Be Your Purpose?
You will be responsible for development, programming, coding data ingestion team initiatives. You will be responsible for documenting detailed system specifications, participation in unit testing and maintenance of planned and unplanned internally developed applications, evaluation and performance testing of purchased products. Senior IT Developers are responsible for including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application. Senior IT Developers lead efforts, oversee work results, provide training and serve as a technical resource for other Developers.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Write code for complex system designs, mostly for new programs that span platforms. Code to and/or create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Provide input to and drive programming standards
- Write detailed technical specifications for entire systems (made up of several subsystems). Identify integration points. Review technical specs created by other developers. Ensure sufficient quality and compliance of documentation to architectural standards
- Report missing elements found in system and functional requirements and explain impacts on subsystem to team member
- “Scope” time, resources, etc. required to complete programming projects. Seek review from other Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts or Project Managers on estimates. Incorporate other Developer’s scope information into own scope document (for integration points)
- Assist in reviewing vendor products. Provide SME input on compliance of products to architectural standards and impacts to IT environment
- Perform unit testing and debugging. Set test conditions based upon code specifications. Able to debug most program errors (simple to complex). May seek assistance from vendors to debug complex errors
- Support transition of application throughout the Product Development life cycle. Document what has to be migrated. Often requires more coordination points for transitioning systems. Document what has to be migrated / file properties
- Work on integration issues and determines the integration approach. Coordinate with other areas for integration architecture solutions
- Assist technical team with defining configuration for installing products. May consult on database setup. May load database for testing, especially if there are multiple tables.
- Review vendor research and gap analyses. Narrows down vendor choices and makes final recommendation to technical team and client
- Lead more than one team, guiding them through SDLC and ensuring the capability delivery in a timely fashion
- Present the Application flows and architecture to business partners, and multiple levels within IT
- Single point of contact for the Capability for other IT Domains and Business Partners in the enterprise
What Skills We Prefer?
- Experience with MongoDB, PL/SQL, Spark, Scala, Hive, Control-M
- Experience with GraphQL, OpenShift, and Jenkins
- Experience with the healthcare/health insurance industry
- Experience with Enterprise Codes Management
- 5+ years experience using Java, ReactJS, NodeJS, SQL, Postgres, DB2, and Gitlab
- Related Bachelor’s degree or additional related equivalent work experience
- Experience and understanding with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures
- Proficiency using versioning tools
- Attitude to assume complete responsibility of the capability from both capability development, operations and production support respective
- Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills
- Ability to establish a strong Rapport with the Business Partners
- In-depth understanding of the systems development life cycle
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
- Experience mentoring / or leading other development staff
- Proven leadership abilities including effective knowledge sharing, conflict resolution, facilitation of open discussions, fairness and displaying appropriate levels of assertiveness