Congratulations! You have taken the first step to finding the job you've always wanted.
This portal has been provided to ease the application process with AH Companies.
If you have previously created a profile on our system;
enter your username and password below.
If this is your first time to our site, Welcome!
Please click the link below to create a profile.
Machine Setup Assistant - 2nd shift
- Job Title
- Machine Setup Assistant - 2nd shift
- Job ID
- Lavergne, TN 37086
- Other Location
Are you honest, want to work and grow? We are a national company experiencing growth!
A leading flat rolled metals processor-distributor producing specialized, processed metal products, we are looking for a slitting machine helper to join our team. The helper's responsibility is to safely and efficiently set up the slitter arbors in order to ensure the proper widths are slit for our customers.
- Build tooling set-ups for slitting line using tooling spacers, slitter knives, and stripper rings.
- Read a PN and follow simple instructions in order to determine needed widths for customer orders.
- Create a shim less setup using the setup software provided and the information from the PN.
- Read tape measure, caliper and micrometers in order to ensure finished product meets customer’s specifications by matching taken readings against customer’s requirements.
- Complete daily calibration of tape measure, caliper and micrometer and record results.
- Employee must enter required widths and parameters into PC in order for software program to generate necessary setup information.
- Must determine needed clearance for setup using the clearance chart provided.
- Load and thread a master coil up to the slitter head.
- Ability to band finished material on an as needed basis.
- Employee must always maintain proper 5S and housekeeping requirements within their specific work area.
- Begin training on next aspect of slitter operation which would be chief operator
- High school education or GED required.
- Candidate must be qualified on tubes.
- Employee must have the ability to work safely in a fast paced manufacturing environment, have the ability to communicate well with others and work well in a team environment.
Periodic overtime required
PAY: Monday - Friday, 1:30PM - 9:30PM ($17.33 + $1.50 shift diff = $18.83/hr)
$40 weekly bonus for perfect attendance ( = $19.83/hour)
BENEFITS: Health-Dental-Vision. 401k. Robust vacation time, and PTO
2nd chance company.