Meijer Petoskey, MI - Retail Associates
- Job Title
- Meijer Petoskey, MI - Retail Associates
- Job ID
- Petoskey, MI 49770
- Other Location
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you’re provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family – take care of your career and your community!
- Summer pay premium
- Weekly pay
- Scheduling flexibility
- Paid parental leave
- Paid education assistance
- Care.com/back-up care assistance
- Team member discount
- Development programs for advancement and career growth
Retail associates may work in the following departments including Cashier, Curbside Pickup, Grocery, Bakery, Deli, General Merchandise, Stocking. As a Meijer team member you will be responsible for delivering remarkable customer service by providing customers with exceptional product knowledge, efficient service and a friendly attitude. You will play a vital role in keeping our store running smoothly and having a positive impact on the community we serve.
What will you be doing?
- Perform a variety of retail tasks related to product, customer service, and merchandising.
- Build rapport with customers.
- Display a friendly and outgoing attitude through good eye contact and body language.
- Respond to customer questions in an effective manner.
- Stock product and maintain product displays according to merchandising standards.
- Utilize technology to complete activities and tasks.
- Follow safety and sanitation procedures to ensure quality service and products for our customers.
What skills will you use?
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Strong listening and communications skills.
- Willingness to learn or existing familiarity with job-specific technology.
- Problem-solving competence and eagerness to troubleshoot when necessary.
- Process-driven with ability to follow procedures in an organized and efficient way.
- Ability to stay calm while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to work with customers on a consistent basis.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, bend, and twist while handling product.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Required Skills
18 years of age or older.
Strong listening and communications skills.
Willingness to learn or existing familiarity with job-specific technology.
Problem-solving competence and eagerness to troubleshoot when necessary.
Desire to work with customers.
Good verbal communication skills.
Detail oriented and organized.
Friendly outgoing attitude.
Ability to operate cashier register system.
- Optional Skills
Previous retail or customer experience preferred but not required.