Retail Fresh Area Clerk
- Job Title
- Retail Fresh Area Clerk
- Job ID
- Williamsburg, MI 49690
- Other Location
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you’re provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family – take care of your career and your community!
Position Departments Include: Deli, Produce, or Meat!
Shifts Available: 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, and 3rd Shift!
Paid parental leave
Paid education assistance
Care.com/back-up care assistance
Team member discount
Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Click here for an overview of the position.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- You will create those ‘WOW’ moments that have a positive and lasting impact on our customers.
- Utilize technology to complete activities and tasks.
- Assist customers with their orders for a variety of deli and bakery services.
- Provide product suggestions and assist customers with special orders.
- Ensure quality service and products for customers by following safety and sanitation procedures.
- Respond to customer questions in an effective and efficient.
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Build trustful relationships with customers to encourage return visits.
- Stock product and product displays according to merchandising standards.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Enjoys interacting with customers one-on-one.
- Highly-organized with great attention to detail.
- Strong listening and communications skills, face-to-face and virtually.
- Willingness to learn or existing familiarity with job-specific technology.
- Problem-solving competence and eagerness to troubleshoot when necessary.
- Comfortable using electronic bakery and deli equipment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, bend, and twist while handling product.
- Required Skills
18 years of age or older.
Enjoys interacting with customers one-on-one.
Highly-organized with great attention to detail.
Strong listening and communications skills, face-to-face and virtually.
Willingness to learn or existing familiarity with job-specific technology.
Problem-solving competence and eagerness to troubleshoot when necessary.
Comfortable using electronic bakery and deli equipment.
Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, bend, and twist while handling product.
Good verbal communication skills.
Detail oriented and organized.
Friendly outgoing attitude.
Ability to operate cashier register system.