Principal Data Developer
- Job Title
- Principal Data Developer
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- Other Location
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Principal Data Developer will be the primary developer heading the ETL design and development functions for the Data Services group as part of an agile/scrum team.
- Demonstrate ability to influence change, define standards and follow industry best practices for ETL design and development.
- Design & develop the extract, transform and load data warehouse solutions.
- Responsible for system and integration testing and defining standards and architecture.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Data Modelers, SMEs and Data governance liaisons to achieve a very good understanding of metadata and data quality requirements and then design and develop sustainable ETL applications to address those requirements.
- Establish and oversee ETL standards & change management procedures.
- Develop strategies, policies, processes, and best practices.
- Mentor a scrum team of ETL & SQL developers.
- Extensive knowledge of the Informatica Cloud (IICS) tool implementation, maintenance, security and tuning to include enterprise capabilities.
- Extensive knowledge of the latest version of Informatica Cloud (IICS).
- Deep knowledge in Data Integration, Data Quality, Metadata Management and understanding of data warehouse objectives with a leading ETL Tool.
- Well versed in data warehouse development and ability to implement dimensional model design patterns to include slowly changing dimensions (SCD) and multiple fact table strategies to meet end user reporting requirements.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a complex and changing workload.
- Strong communication skills with an excellent track record of working with scrum teams.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years in a Senior ETL Development Role for a leading enterprise toolset.
- 5+ years of Data Warehouse development experience.
- 5+ years in a Senior Informatica (IICS) ETL Role.
- Strong SQL knowledge of a leading DBMS (Snowflake, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Experience with Cloud implementation or migration a plus (Azure, AWS)
- Mortgage or Financial Services experience a plus