Mechanical Project Engineer (100% On-Site w/ some flex) - Direct Hire
- Job Title
- Mechanical Project Engineer (100% On-Site w/ some flex) - Direct Hire
- Job ID
- Plymouth, MI 48170
- Other Location
Title: Mechanical Project Engineer (Design to Prototype Full Lifecycle) (100% On-Site w/ some flex)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Job SummaryThe Mechanical Project Engineer is responsible for the research, design, development, and documentation of advanced mechanical systems for precision test equipment.
- Design Industrial test equipment/machines for the transportation industry
- Act as lead engineer on custom engineered projects
- Design of complete test systems including the integration of multiple systems
- Perform preliminary design and development drawings and specifications necessary to support equipment and tooling modifications to improve safety and reliability
- Conceptualize and design test equipment/machines from the customer specification
- Conduct feasibility studies, analytical modeling, create and modify drawings, create and modify bills of materials, create and modify product manuals
- Meet cost, manufacturing, and key milestone targets for products designed and developed
- Work with engineers, technician and program managers to obtain and or define system requirement and specifications
- Serve as a primary technical resource for assigned new and existing products and equipment
- Maintain proper documentation related to products and projects
- Correspond and interface with customers and vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of related work experience in equipment or machine design
- 5+ years of experience in design of complex assemblies and automation components
- Knowledge in hydraulic & pneumatic systems
- Demonstrated competence in the design of mechanical and or electromechanical systems
- 2+ years of experience with Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks, or similar 3D CAD system (Catia)
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationship with managers, supervisors and employees
- Able to prepare complex written reports and other documentation
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, & interpersonal
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work — Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Project Management - Initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing the work of a team to achieve specific goals and meet specific success criteria at the specified time.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Embody the Ownership Brand Driver (Accountability, Commitment, Can-Do Attitude, Courage, & Humility)
- Physical Requirements
- Office - This position is located in an office and involves sedentary work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.