Parts Supplier Development Engineer (100% On-site with some flex) (Performance KPIs - PPM/APQP/PPAP, 8D Problem Solving, Auditing i.e. VDA 6.3)
- Job Title
- Parts Supplier Development Engineer (100% On-site with some flex) (Performance KPIs - PPM/APQP/PPAP, 8D Problem Solving, Auditing i.e. VDA 6.3)
- Job ID
- Shorter, AL 36075
- Other Location
Title: Parts Supplier Development Engineer (100% On-site with some flex) (Performance KPIs - PPM/APQP/PPAP, 8D Problem Solving, Auditing i.e. VDA 6.3)
Direct Hire $60-$85K - Based on experience + possible sign on bonus + 4% annual bonus
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The Supplier Development Engineer ensures that supplying companies systems, processes and build capabilities meet the design intent of the customer and are compliant with the end customer’s needs.
- Track the supplier’s performance KPIs (PPM/APQP/PPAP) to facilitate and develop the supply base’s ability to consistently meet or exceed defined expectations
- Provide leadership during investigations of major problems and or special projects focusing on developing working relationships with suppliers and the supply chain with regard to product development and procurement of parts (internal and external)
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to sourcing and development of suppliers with respect to technology, performance, quality, cost, logistics and delivery
- Support Supplier Program Engineer (SPE)/Advanced Quality Engineer (AQE)/Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) on high impact suppliers.
- Drive cost effective improvements, minimize waste
- Assess (Supplier Quality System Audits) new and existing supplier capabilities to meet product, cost, quality, capacity, performance and fulfillment for delivery of components
- University/College degree in business, commerce, or engineering.
- Experience in purchasing (preferred).
- Experience with Automotive industry (asset).
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, SAP/Purchasing systems, and database systems.
- Strong interpersonal, multi-tasking skills & ability to work in a team environment.
- High sense of urgency and commitment to meeting deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Bilingual for English and Korean highly preferred but not required