Information Technology Support Professional
- Job Title
- Information Technology Support Professional
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
Thank you for your interest in Project Support Services Inc. Project Support Services Inc. is currently seeking an Information Technology Support Professional. The candidates must be able to successfully complete a government background investigation. Successful candidates will be charged with performing the duties listed below individually and as part of a team.
Project Support Services Inc. is a progressive Service-Disabled Veteran-owned business with the best interest of its employees and clients at the forefront of its platform.
Project Support Services Inc. offers an excellent compensation package including competitive salaries, health care coverage (medical, dental, and vision), vacation, paid holidays, 401k retirement package, and more. Interested applicants should apply to this job using the directions listed in this application. Thank you!
- Complete detailed reports listing requests for technical assistance, steps taken to resolve them, and the specific dates/individuals involved
- Act as the initial point of contact for all computer and system related concerns from clients or other employees
- Assist management in creating training materials pertaining to computer troubleshooting and usage
- Organize and file documentation pertaining to warranties and instructional guides for computer hardware
- Maintain a working log detailing all required system updates, as well as the date of completion
- Resolve technical issues related to network interruptions
- Actively update, maintain and monitor all aspects of computer networks
- Setting up and installing new hardware and software systems.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting computer issues.
- Identifying and resolving network, connectivity, and server issues.
- Upgrading firmware, software, and outdated hardware systems.
- Monitoring and maintaining security systems and installing updates.
- Providing technical support to users and resolving technical errors.
- Performing regular tests, upgrades, and backups.
- Preparing technical documents, such as error and maintenance reports.
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technology field is preferred
- Industry-specific certification in relevant computer languages or software may be required
- 1-3 years of Prior experience in tech support, desktop support, or a similar role.
- Proficiency in Windows/Linux/Mac OS.
- Experience with remote desktop applications and help desk software.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
- Extensive experience working with different operating systems including Windows and Mac OS
- Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution