Software Engineer ($140 - $170K)
- Job Title
- Software Engineer ($140 - $170K)
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI
- Other Location
We are looking for a strong, hands on Senior level application developer to join our development team. This is an enterprise program that covers numerous Java applications, databases, external systems and batch processes. This Java development position would be part of the team that is responsible for designing, building and maintaining REST services, a microservices platform and custom developed event engine platform.
Ideal candidates will be experienced in enterprise development and tools in the build, deployment and monitoring of JSON/REST services. multi-tier applications on Java/J2EE stack that are used to host REST services and connecting to vast number of source of records including databases or integration services.
Serves as a highly specialized senior level application developer and technical lead responsible for championing software development and driving continuous improvement in our products. This role will involve coaching teams toward optimizing our distributed collection of services and web applications that work in concert to provide real-time financial solutions. The ideal talent will have experience driving large scale development efforts in an agile environment as well as a thorough understanding of DevOps practices. We are looking for a high energy, team player interested in joining a group of Relentless Allies dedicated to making an impact on the marketplace. This position will report to a Director of Software Development. Passion for technology and problem solving are a must have.
The Work Itself
- Collaborates with other developers and provides significant contributions to develop specifications to resolve business client questions, problems, and to address enhancement needs.
- Uses technical knowledge, creativity and company practices and priorities to obtain solutions to complex problems.
- Interfaces with senior management to provide and obtain information and to build consensus regarding project direction.
- Interacts directly with business clients.
- Serves as a mentor to lower level developer
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related discipline
- 5+ years of experience
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and support
- Experience writing and reviewing software design specifications in an object-oriented development environment
- Ability to thoroughly understand the business issues surrounding each project
- Ability to respond directly to questions from business clients
- Ability to be a technical authority and work with other team members
- Knowledge of standard change management tools and processes
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Expert level hands on knowledge and experience with the following technologies: