- Job Title
- FSQA Manager
- Job ID
We are working with a rapidly growing plant-based food company that is looking for a Food Safety & Quality Manager. This role is responsible for safeguarding product safety and quality, overseeing leadership & development of co-manufacturers while meeting company and regulatory standards. This individual will develop, implement, and maintain product and process quality, through vendor compliance, product testing, audits, and customer complaint analysis.
Location: NYC/Northeast Based. Primarily remote.
- Manage, implement, maintain quality & food safety related policies and programs.
- Ensures product safety, regulatory compliance, and compliance with company standards.
- Assist in qualifications of new products to be commercialized. Provide quality and food safety leadership and input into product and process development activities
- Manage labeling and regulatory requirements.
- Risk assessment starting from raw-materials and including process control and implementation
- Identify, set, monitor, and enforce appropriate quality standards, parameters/testing protocols for products.
- Coordinate product testing processes with all relevant parties. Collaborate with third party testing labs, and agencies on implementing and validating testing, audits, quality, and certifications.
- Provide Quality guidance, risk assessment, and management throughout the product lifecycle: New Product Development and Commercial projects
- Develop suppliers, customers, and regulatory agencies relationships. Keep an up-to-date repository of all documentation and reports related to QA and Vendor Compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring Food Safety and Quality policies and procedures are adhered to
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, local, and organizational laws, regulations, guidelines, and policies in the US & Canada.
- Monitor, interpret and validate current and changing Quality and Regulatory legislation in the US & Canada and share potential impact these activities may have on the innovation/ product maintenance.
- Perform audits of suppliers and co-manufactures to confirm and ensure their compliance to industry standards.
- Onboarding, training, and implementation of safety and quality processes with co-manufacturing partners.
- Identify all needs, develop, and implement training solutions to establish and improve the capabilities at sites associated with food safety and quality principles.
- Visits Co-Man facilities to foster strong relationships, assess gaps, and develop strategies for success
- Review client, customer, and user feedback.
- Responsible for addressing, documenting, and resolving customer complaints to ensure all complaints are resolved in a fair and timely manner.
- Participate as an effective member of cross-functional product teams
- Bachelor of Science (preferable in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology)
- 8 years of direct management experience
- HACCP training and ability to maintain all HACCP based Food Safety plans.
- Quality Assurance management systems, food safety and security standards, and governmental regulatory relating to the food / beverage industry
- Familiar with the tools, concepts, and methodologies of quality management.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Strong problem solving, listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Strong organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary.
- Passion for working in a fast-paced environment and a proven ability to multi-task
- Excel in a start-up environment and excited to create new procedures and processes from scratch, with a strong entrepreneurial mindset
- Able to travel in the US and internationally (up to 25%)
- Authorization to work in the U.S. required