Network Engineer (VMware, NSX-T) (Remote)
- Job Title
- Network Engineer (VMware, NSX-T) (Remote)
- Job ID
- Austin, TX
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for an Infrastructure Network Engineer in a remote capacity. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Serves as the lead technical consultant responsible for design, engineering, and development of information technology solutions.
- Leads the design, analysis, development, and implementation of engineering infrastructure solutions of projects and/or work requests for complex business solutions.
- Troubleshoots and proceeds on resolving complex infrastructure compatibility issues based on system architecture, project requirements, customer expectations, etc.
- May be involved in the creation of design specifications and the development and application of utility programs and may resolve escalated infrastructure compatibility problems as they arise.
- Responsibilities may include risks assessments, partnering on capacity planning, budget forecasting, and the diagnosis and correction of application/network problems.
- Technologies span mainframe, midrange, desktop, server, network data, voice, messaging, web, database, and output/receiving.
- Deployable skills in infrastructure engineering / 7+ yrs. network engineering experience
- VMware network technologies (NSX-T)
- Developing, maintaining, and supporting networks in NSX/NSX-T
- Implementing networking and VXLAN technologies
- Cisco and/or Arista Routing & Switching\Cisco and Arista OS (NX-OS, IOS, EOS)
- Deploying Cisco networks utilizing industry best practices
- Data Center Spine & Leaf Architecture
- Configuring and monitoring network security layers
- Network Automation using Python and/or Ansible
- Experience in WAN/LAN and transport technologies (Ethernet, MPLS, TDM, DMVPN).
- Working knowledge of basic scripting and network automation.
- Candidates with experience and capability in the following additional technologies will hold an advantage in the selection process:
- Software Defined Network Technologies (NSX-T, Arista eos, Cisco ACI)
- Cisco Nexus Operating System
- Network Segmentation Practices