Software QA Analyst (Exp. with POS Applications, JIRA, Bugzilla, SQL Server, CI/CD – Jenkins) (Local Remote – Ann Arbor, MI) (4 openings)
- Job Title
- Software QA Analyst (Exp. with POS Applications, JIRA, Bugzilla, SQL Server, CI/CD – Jenkins) (Local Remote – Ann Arbor, MI) (4 openings)
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48106
- Other Location
Title: Software QA Analyst (Exp. with POS Applications, JIRA, Bugzilla, SQL Server, CI/CD – Jenkins) (Local Remote – Ann Arbor, MI) (4 openings)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
- Certify software functionality for new Production releases - Participate in developing and documenting user stories, including testing estimates and validation tests.
- Develop, document, and maintain the test strategy and test scenarios.
- Partner with the developers to ensure all areas of the application are fully tested across environments.
- Create, modify, and execute test cases for functional testing and report results in a clear, concise manner.
- Present appropriate results and data at the release sign offs.
- Perform manual testing in a variety of applications and systems from mobile/web app, accessibility, and analytics to hardware firmware.
- Create defects (JIRA bugs) for issues found with appropriate level of details
- Manage and triage the defect backlog and ensure issues are resolved, including validation of the fix.
- Design and execute cross-system integration tests and regression tests for each release
- Execute automated test suites and analyze the results to identify the cause for failures
- Engage in various Agile ceremonies for the team, document and estimate QA strategy for each story/card
- Manage some of the test tools used in the ecosystem
- Optimize testing efforts by contributing to automation with some low code automation technologies
- Collaborate and integrate with various dependent teams to ensure end to end test coverage for features and services
- Understand the Quality processes and best practices and contribute to creation of proper Quality metrics
- Manage competing priorities in a fast paced environments
- Ability to work independently with an aptitude for detailed work and follow-up activities
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related
- Experience in heavy traffic eCommerce applications
- Experience testing POS applications
- Experience with defect tracking tools (JIRA, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Experience working with Relational Databases (SQL Server preferred)
- Knowledge in CI/CD processes and tools preferably Jenkins
- Minimum 3 years industry experience, preferably in an Agile team environment