- Job Title
- Maintenance Manager
- Job ID
Leadership Maintenance role with a fast-growing food manufacturer in the Catskill Mountains of NY State. Please apply if you are interested in a career with this exciting, rapidly growing company!
- Plan, organize, direct maintenance activities to install and maintain production machines and equipment to ensure optimum day-to-day operations
- Ensure the facility/company can pass any audit at any time (interior and exterior of property)
- Support QA in all food safety policies; Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Responsible for all aspects of maintenance and repair of the physical building including air compressors, compressed air systems, chillers, cooling towers, electrical distribution, and lighting systems.
- Develop ongoing structural and operational organization in the maintenance department
- Plan and ensure maintenance effectiveness and efficiency at the plant level
- Consistently monitor the current situation and development of optimization measures
- Manage the budget for the department
- Ensure cost optimization across investment, operating & maintenance costs
- Manage, maintain, and develop PLC/computerized control systems for plant packaging and processing equipment.
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions; Keep accurate records of equipment failures and repairs.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting, and repair of production machines.
- Ensure compliance with safety guidelines
- Ensure compliance with environmental guidelines
- Analyze and find solutions for problems. Support conflict resolution
- Ensure technicians have the technical training to perform the job correctly
- Accountable for the preventive maintenance program
- Ensure adequate supply and control over spare parts and maintenance supplies
- Analyze disruptions with a CI mindset
- Instruct employees and monitor work
- 10+ years experience in engineering & maintenance in the food industry is a must, dairy is ideal
- History of leadership and management experience
- PLC Programming knowledge. Previous hands-on experience is necessary
- In dept knowledge of processing technologies
- Working knowledge with the following is needed: separators, pasteurizers, homogenizers, high-speed packaging, fillers, heat exchangers, utilities, etc.
- CMS development and management
- CI/lean manufacturing mindset
- Familiar with SAP applications or similar operating systems
- Understanding of CMMS applications
- Previous experience working in an SQF certified facility preferred