- Job Title
- FSQ Manager
- Job ID
We are working on a new leadership role with a state-of-the-art commercial greenhouse company that is looking for a Food Safety & Quality Manager. This role is accountable for the day-to-day management of the greenhouse, food safety, quality, and inventories plan in a safe and efficient manner. The Food Safety & Quality Manager manages a team with the constant goal of continuous improvement and enforces protocols and documentation as related to Food Safety and Quality. Location: Rochelle, Illinois
- Effectively and efficiently manage Production employees to ensure the quality of our product, consistency maintaining SQF requirements.
- Collect samples (water samples, swabs, product samples, and media samples) as per the regular schedule and in coordination with any regulatory agencies.
- Train and manage the FSMS day-to-day operations of the greenhouse.
- Oversee the sites pest control management system and conduct regular reviews of the system
- Lead site audits: both external and internal
- Guarantee appropriate food safety regulations are implemented and adhered to
- Ensure the cleanliness of the production area and facility.
- Consistently work with GM/Growers to improve and maintain the SQF practices.
- Communicate all food safety and quality issues and concerns to the GM/Grower
- Standardize best practices and create forms necessary to collect KPIs.
- Maintain daily production and food safety logs, monitor and verify logs, address concerns about SQF.
- Ensure staff safety to minimize injury, lifting strain, etc.
- Maintain a calm and collected composure during times of disorder, speak to others in a respectful manner, and is skilled at productively handling multiple personality types
- Assist in unrelated and/or unassigned tasks to ensure the effective operation of the Greenhouse.
- Accountable for coordinating supplies with vendors/partners.
- Report food safety and quality problems to the GM or directly to Senior Management
- Bachelors Degree or in process of a 4-year degree.
- 3 years of experience in a production environment or related work experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication: can create documents such as standard operating procedures, safety rules, label mixing instructions.
- Exhibit excellent leadership skills, lead by example – set the highest possible standards for quality, efficiency, productivity, and behavior.
- Detail-oriented and data-driven
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook (PowerPoint and Access Database knowledge beneficial)
- Meet the physical requirements of the job including lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Self-starter and a problem solver with strong relationship building & communication skills.
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before starting.