New Meijer Opening DSD/Receiver- Fort Wayne, IN
- Job Title
- New Meijer Opening DSD/Receiver- Fort Wayne, IN
- Job ID
- Fort Wayne, IN 46835
- Other Location
Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Join a community. Build a career.
We are searching for a new member of the Meijer family! As we grow, we’re seeking an entry-level team member to join us as a General Merchandise Clerk who is able to complete a variety of retail tasks related to product, customer service, pricing, inventory, and merchandising. You will also collaborate with other team members and managers on additional tasks as needed. Are you a people person? Do you want to have a positive impact on your community? If so, we hope you will join us!
What will you be doing?
- You will build rapport with customers.
- Display a friendly and outgoing attitude through good eye contact and body language.
- Help customers with any questions they may have. If you aren’t able to answer their question, you will direct them to another team member who can.
- Stock product and maintain displays according to merchandising standards.
- Utilize technology to complete activities and tasks.
- This position is applicable to the following departments: Health and Beauty Care, Hardlines, Fashion/Softlines, Pets, Hardware, Card and Party, Outdoor, Seasonal and Floral.
What skills will you use?
- You are detail-oriented and organized.
- Strong listening and communications skills, face-to-face and virtually.
- Willingness to learn or existing familiarity with job-specific technology.
- Problem-solving competence and eagerness to troubleshoot when necessary.
- You are process-driven and able to follow procedures in an organized and efficient way.
- You work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, bend, and twist while handling product.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Desire to work with customers on a consistent basis.
Meijer starts with me.
It's not just a brand name, it’s a family name. Founded by Hendrik and Gezina Meijer and their children in 1934, Meijer treats our Team Members like they’re a part of our family. We want to see them happy, growing, and successful. That’s why our Team Members say, "Meijer starts with me.” Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we look for team members who thrive in a collaborative environment and want to help us build on our family culture. Meijer is a great place for you if you want a job that’s more than a paycheck and a career that plays an important role in your community
- Required Skills