Principal Software Engineer (Python)
- Job Title
- Principal Software Engineer (Python)
- Job ID
- Charlotte, NC 28210
- Other Location
Serve as a highly specialized senior level application developer and technical lead responsible for championing software development and driving continuous improvement in our products. This role will involve coaching teams toward optimizing our distributed collection of services and web applications that work in concert to provide real-time financial solutions. The ideal talent will have experience driving large scale development efforts in an agile environment as well as a thorough understanding of DevOps practices. We are looking for a high energy, team player interested in joining a group of Relentless our company's dedicated to making an impact on the market place. This position will report to a Director of Software Development. Passion for technology and problem solving are a must have.
* Python development within a proprietary web application that supports Capital Markets trading activities
* Establish and document best practices around design, development, and deployment
* Technical design along with definition for technology changes
* Mentoring of other Python development staff
* Creation of technical specifications
* System/application configuration
* Application support
* Python development candidate who ideally possesses broad experience, or aptitude to learn, Capital Markets/Treasury business processes.
*7+ years of development experience using a main-stream programming language
* 3+ years of Python 3.x development experience
* 3+ years of development experience in the financial services industry, preferably with experience in capital markets
* Strong working knowledge of SQL
* Exposure to DevOps (e.g., Git, Jira, Jenkins, Confluence).
* Excellent team player with the ability to influence and negotiate.
* Effective in delivering solutions in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work successfully in a cross-functional environment
* Ability to multitask and quickly respond to critical issues and changes in requirements
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technology-related discipline
Preferred Skills and Experience
* Experience working with agile methodologies and SDLC processes would be preferred
* Knowledge of Bloomberg OMS products, data or APIs
* Ability to communicate effectively with development staff and team
* Strong analytical skills