- Job Title
- Manager, Engineering
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Boston, MA
- Other Location
Manager, Engineering – Boston, MA or Anywhere
This Company is the authority in Managed Detection and Response Services, protecting the critical data and applications of 1000+ organizations in 70+ countries from known and unknown cyber threats. Our mission is to hunt, investigate and stop cyber threats before they become business disrupting events. Combining cutting-edge machine learning embedded in our XDR platform, with human expertise, and proven security operations leadership, this company is able to find and stop attackers, and minimize the impact to our customers.
This Company delivers broad-scale security to our customers, utilizing a vast array of underlying data sources. To be able to harness the value in all that data, we need to make it usable - usable to other data consumers, usable to ML algorithms, and usable to human security analysts. This is hard: to take all the chaos within that data, and turn it into clarity that helps protect our customers. We need an expert technical and people leader who can tackle this challenge - guiding the team that is building web services and applications that make ML work at scale for the end user.
What You’ll Do
- People leadership and mentorship: Support and guide the team to deliver on large-scale business initiatives.
- Work directly with Product and the users: Understand the business context for the work the team does, and ensure that we are meeting our customers' needs.
- Complex web application design and engineering: To build these interfaces, we need to solve the meta-problem: how do we architect our software to unlock our data’s value across multiple domains.
- Ship commercial solutions: Our users have a huge job to do, at massive scale. So, we need to build tremendous, powerful software that just works. And, it needs to work 24/7 with no downtime!
- ML and Security, in real life: Data and ML is at the core of what we do, and we are operationalizing it so our security teams and our customers can unlock its power. Doing so requires versatile, yet opinionated products - which require versatile, but opinionated engineers.
- Strong industry experience: 8+ years of software industry experience, including management of engineering teams.
- Complex architectures: You’ve designed, implemented, and maintained platforms, engines, or frameworks that others have consumed. You’ve delivered APIs consumed by modern web applications, and you understand the complexities and nuances microservices and databases.
- Cloud Experience: you have deep experience deploying apps and services to the cloud (AWS or otherwise), and maintaining and evolving them.
- Data Visualization: You've built interactive and engaging data visualization components.
- Modern backend expertise: You've built backend services and systems with languages like Python, Rust, or Go, and you understand the complexities and nuances of CRUD, Graph API, and microservices.
- Large scale delivery: It's hard building software, but even harder to maintain it, evolve it, and keep it awesome. You've done this for large-scale software
- CS fundamentals: You have earned at least a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
Our Culture: At our company we work in a collaborative and innovative work environment. We work with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. The Company idea-rich environment welcomes creative and sometimes unconventional perspectives!
Growth Opportunities: At this company you will have the opportunity to grow and make an impact from your work. We encourage innovation in all who become a part of our team. With growing operations internationally, there is lots of lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers. We’re strong believers in continuing education and provide the resources that you need to continue learning.
Employee Perks: Every day we provide breakfast, snacks and refreshments (at our Waterloo office), flexible working hours, half day off birthdays, subsidies for continuing education and health & wellness, and attractive compensation and benefits plans. We make it our obligation to the team to stay current with compensation trends in the tech field!
If interested, send resume to Sharlet@burrellassociates.com. Contact at 214-415-8800.
- Required Skills