Sr Manager, Engineering - Security - Virtual - $200k plus
- Job Title
- Sr Manager, Engineering - Security - Virtual - $200k plus
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- San Francisco, CA
- Other Location
Sr. Manager Engineering- Security-Virtual- $200k plus - (San Francisco)
Gartner has rated this company as one of the fastest growing Security and MDR companies around.
They are the authority in Managed Detection and Response Services, protecting the critical data and applications of 1000+ organizations in 70+ countries from known and unknown cyber threats. Our mission is to hunt, investigate and stop cyber threats before they become business disrupting events. Combining cutting-edge machine learning embedded in our XDR platform, with human expertise, and proven security operations leadership, we find and stop the attacks.
In order to harness the value in all that data, we need to make it usable - usable to other data consumers, usable to ML algorithms, and usable to human security analysts. We need an expert technical and people leader who can tackle this challenge - guiding the team that is building web services and applications that make ML work at scale for the end user.
As the SR Manager Engineering
- People leadership and mentorship: Support and guide the team to deliver on large-scale business initiatives. This role will involve management of multiple software engineering teams.
- Work directly with Product and the users: Understand the business context for the work the team does, and ensure that we are meeting our customers' needs. Work in collaboration with product management and design to define strategy and requirements. Excellent listening, writing skills and very strong technical competency are essential.
- Project execution and delivery: Lead development teams from concept through delivery and subsequent operation. Regularly communicate with senior management on technical development, product strategy, status, and risks.
- Complex web application design and engineering: To build these interfaces, we need to solve the meta-problem: how do we architect our software to unlock our data’s value across multiple domains.
- Ship commercial solutions: Our users have a huge job to do, at massive scale. So, we need to build tremendous, powerful software that just works. And, it needs to work 24/7 with no downtime!
- ML and Security, in real life: Data and ML is at the core of what we do, and we are operationalizing it so our security teams and our customers can unlock its power. Doing so requires versatile, yet opinionated products - which require versatile, but opinionated engineers.
- Strong industry experience: 10 years of software industry experience, including management of engineering teams.
- Complex architectures: You’ve designed, implemented, and maintained platforms, engines, or frameworks that others have consumed. You’ve delivered APIs consumed by modern web applications, and you understand the complexities and nuances microservices and databases.
- Cloud Experience: you have deep experience deploying apps and services to the cloud (AWS or otherwise), and maintaining and evolving them.
- If interested in discussing further, please send resumes to
214-395-7774 or 214-415-8800
- Required Skills