- Job Title
- Staff Accountant
- Job ID
- Farmington Hills, MI 48334
- Other Location
This position will report directly to the Accounting Manager and work collaboratively with the entire accounting department. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting the Accounting Department to perform accurate and expedient accounting functions. The ideal candidate for this role is detail-oriented, has solid analytical skills, can identify errors, and has obtained an education in an accounting-related field.
- General ledger and daily bank account reconciliation.
- Month-end closing procedures
- Assist in run billing for multiple entities.
- Intercompany transactions
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Balance sheet and income statement account analysis for multiple entities.
- Assists with providing information for tax preparation and maintaining appropriate files for all tax returns
- Develops and implements procedures by analyzing current procedures, recommending changes
- Other related duties and/or projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance or related field
- 1-3 years’ experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including advanced Excel skills
- Highly accountable, flexible, and effective under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Detailed orientated
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financials
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills