Meijer Maintenance Technician 1st Shift $23 an hour
- Job Title
- Meijer Maintenance Technician 1st Shift $23 an hour
- Job ID
- Middlebury, IN 46526
- Other Location
Want to join a company that has been certified as a "Great Place to Work"? Then apply TODAY to join the Meijer team!
Meijer Distribution in Middlebury, IN is seeking a Maintenance Technician Level 3 to join the team on 1st Shift.
What You'll be Doing:
- Perform routine chemical testing, making necessary operational adjustments to maintain proper operating parameters for cooling tower and boiling water.
- Monitor complex heating/ventilation system and adjust controls for proper operation.
- Provide 24/7 automated process monitoring and take appropriate action as needed.
- Works with the Maintenance Planner to maintain supplies through ordering and receiving chemicals, record usage and interaction with appropriate vendors.
- Maintain manufacturing and complex equipment by performing Preventative (PM), Predictive (PdM) and Corrective Maintenance to ensure maximum life expectancy of machinery.
- Notify appropriate leadership of unsafe, damaged work equipment and make recommendations regarding repair or replacement as needed.
- Suggest design improvements on existing and new equipment and systems.
- May provide training and direction to other technicians and operators as needed.
- Partners with Maintenance Master/Manager to review production goals and schedules as well as maintenance requests to plant or modify maintenance activities.
- Perform other duties as requested by Maintenance Master/Manager.
- Practices 200% safety accountability in self and others.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Associates degree or certification in a technical field preferred.
- Mechatronics Certifications for Levels 1-7 completed.
- 5-7 years of hands-on manufacturing maintenance experience, preferably in a food manufacturing setting.
- Familiarity with standard mechanical and electrical component maintenance and repair practices; knowledge of and skill with preventative maintenance.
- Skilled and certified in various PLC programming languages.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Knowledge and experience with Safe Quality Foods (SQF), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Lock Out/Tag Out (LOTO) and Lean Manufacturing process.
- Ability to support and work with engineering on projects, equipment design, layout or re-design.
- Working knowledge of standard mechanical component maintenance and repair practices.
- Familiar with office technology tools (i.e. MS Office).
- Able to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to operate basic machining equipment (lathe, mill, drill press).
- Ability to work collaboratively with Meijer leadership.
- Understanding computer theory, programmable logic controls (PLC) and experience with Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs).
- Required Skills
Must be 18 years or older to apply!