- Job Title
- Operations Manager
- Job ID
Open Operations Manager role in Portales, New Mexico with a leading dairy manufacturer. Seeking a strong, passionate, and professional leader who will be responsible for all operation departments (Milk Receiving, Production, and Warehousing) while working as a liaison to Quality Assurance & Compliance, Human Resources, Accounting, Engineering, Purchasing, R&D, and Risk Management.
- Continuously drive the facility’s culture toward a higher level of safety. Challenge status quo safety behaviors, engage in Safety initiatives and ensure safety-related training is attended by all employees
- Identify and retain highly effective personnel through proper selection, training, and task assignment
- Identify and implement developmental plans and training for supervisors and support staff reporting directly and indirectly
- Establish and manage the department’s budget to ensure financial goals are met or exceeded
- Ensure the department’s activities remain in or exceed the standards and specifications established by Quality Assurance
- Engage and interact with all personnel on a regular basis assisting them with their concerns and questions
- Drive key performance indicators to all levels within the organization and participate in making recommendations for necessary changes to enhance the business objectives
- Initiate and drive continuous improvement activities in department, operations, and other areas of the facility as part of the team to ensure plant sustainability
- Manage employee’s performance through establishing expectations, holding people accountable, and developing the understanding of the sense of urgency in addressing operational needs
- Partner with other departments regarding the resolution of ongoing problems, the implementation of new procedures or processes, the injection of new products or product lines, and the development of new plans and designs
- Ensure good business communication practices are engaged at all levels to ensure key stakeholders are well informed and have the ability to appropriately respond
- Ensure all process changes, equipment changes, or product changes are understood by all employees in a timely fashion
- Ensure a decisive understanding of budgeting, uptime, problem-solving techniques, motivational techniques, long-range planning, and Employee & Labor Relations are understood and implemented during the course of business
- Coordinate with Engineering to review and approve plans for new equipment installation and layout to ensure operational efficiency
- Other duties may be assigned as required that are within the FLSA status of this position
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing people and/or related processes in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 2 years in plant, operations, or department manager experience preferred.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- SAP and other operating systems
- Strong communication, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to read, write and speak English