Data Center Technician (Night Shift 4pm-12am)
- Job Title
- Data Center Technician (Night Shift 4pm-12am)
- Job ID
- Sterling, VA 20166
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client located in Sterling, VA in their search for a Data Center Technician. The hours for this position are 4pm-12am Monday-Friday. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
- Responsible for the basic racking and installation of physical IT infrastructure equipment in the data center including Network, Telecommunications, Servers and Storage.
- Submit change control, manage problem tickets, schedule and coordinate repairs.
- Be able to quickly obtain a basic understanding of network and SAN design, such that server, network and storage installations can be completed successfully and on time.
- Participates in deployment/release activities for Data Center implementations and maintenance ensuring all change policies are followed.
- Provide on-site support in the Data Center during incidents, RMA, project and maintenance activities.
- Provide tier II support for data and network, server and storage systems infrastructure.
- Participate in project implementation conference calls where and when needed.
- Be able to work off of pre-prepared cabling requests and checklists for the vendors.
- Perform the installation of copper and fiber cabling for various server and networking projects, including routing, labeling and adhering to cabling management standards.
- Checkout connectivity of newly installed hardware for acceptance into production.
- Provide planning and vendor oversight for server, network and storage change activity.
- Coordinating and manage cabling contractors to perform larger cabling activities.
- Operate in accordance with business needs, priorities and SLAs.
- Work with the local asset management team to manage hardware inventory and maintain a supply of spare equipment and media to ensure a rapid resolution for hardware repairs.
- Provide periodic performance reports for review with management providing input on improvements and quality initiatives.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
- 2+ years of relevant experience with the principles of data center operations (day to day care and feeding of the servers, network and storage, such as power supply, fan and other component replacements)
- 2 + years prior experience with a large enterprise network, compute, and SAN, preferably in the healthcare sector.
- Knowledge of layer-1-3 network designs, protocols and exposure to SAN fiber channel.
- Cisco CCNA or CompTIA Network+/A+ certifications a plus.
- Basic understanding of all data center functions (production operations, network, server, storage, database, change control, disaster recovery/business recovery, help desk, systems management and facilities) is desired.
- Solid understanding of data center cabling principles.
- Linux and Windows basic touch experience preferable.
- Willingness to learn and use DCIM system to document the data center.
- Strong organization, problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with team members, peers and vendors.
- Understanding of basic Microsoft Suite applications.