PSS’ Mission is to ‘Exceed Expectations’. PSS starts from within by exceeding the expectations of its employees. The company believes that satisfied employees will be motivated to provide superior service to PSS’ numerous clients who will then in turn be satisfied with the company’s performance. While many firms are reluctant to pursue government/corporate relations, PSS accepts the challenge and steps ahead to provide superior support wherever needed. This is how PSS does business; adding efficiency to the process, achieving results more quickly thus reaching the finish line first and treating all parties fairly.
We have continuing and immediate requirements for experienced employees and consultants to support our Washington area federal clients. We are now pursuing contracts that require full-time:
- Job Title
- Senior IT Consultant
- Job ID
- Columbia, MD 21044
- Other Location
Project Support Services Inc. is currently seeking a Senior IT Consultant. This is a government contract opportunity with a prestigious Agency. The candidates must be able to successfully complete a government background investigation. Successful candidates will be charged with performing the duties listed below individually and as part of a team.
Project Support Services Inc. is a progressive Service-Disabled Veteran-owned business with the best interest of its employees and clients at the forefront of its platform.
Project Support Services Inc. offers an excellent compensation package including competitive salaries, health care coverage (medical, dental, and vision), vacation, paid holidays, 401k retirement package, four-tier bonus structure, and more. Interested applicants should apply to this job using the directions listed in this application. Thank you!
We are sourcing for project within the Department of Defense to provide a wide range of skills and expertise to perform technology development, testing, integration of hardware and software applications, and associated documentation and training.
- Senior Information Technology Consultant to lead the completion of a wide range of IT assignments, including such things as analysis of technical issues, review of technical documents, development and analysis of requirements, development of technical papers, and the development of technical recommendations. The selected individual(s) provide expertise in the engineering, performance, and risk assessment relating to program management activities, assisting the client in the overall planning, creation, execution, documentation, testing, integration, and oversight of IT fit-up activities, with an emphasis on office space IT buildout.
- Working within a program management office with the client, THE Project Manager independently develops and/or supervises the development of highly complex, unique designs or technical Information Technology procedures. Independently develops and/or supervises the development of highly complex, unique designs or technical procedures. Incumbent is recognized as an industry expert in his/her technical field and is widely acknowledged by industry peers through his/her publications or presentations.
- Serves as senior-level technical consultant within area of expertise. Creates enhanced technical solutions to meet client and/or regulatory requirements and actively seeks improvements to work processes.
- Researches, analyzes, and organizes statistics or other technical materials for specific applications.
- Participates in business development activities, including proposal preparation and formal client presentations. Recognizes importance of customer satisfaction as a means of fostering future business development. Actively pursues leads for future business, and develops client contacts to encourage future business.
- Keeps abreast of technological developments related to area of expertise.
- Participates in one or more professional organizations.
- May write and/or review articles written by others for publication in professional journals.
- May perform in a technical leadership role, providing technical direction to others in the production of products or services to ensure that meet established project requirements.
- May supervise or mentor one or more subordinates and provide input regarding performance.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Provides monthly status reports and clearly communicates program successes and issues to reflect performance as compared to the program's baseline and performance standards.
- Ensure the optimum mix of cost, schedule, performance, and system supportability throughout the life cycle (design, development, testing and evaluation, production and disposition) of one or more fit-up programs.
- Represent the program and the client in interactions with stakeholders; be comfortable briefing seniors, including Congressional representatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in related technical field and typically 15+ years of broad and diversified technical experience.
- Proficiency in utilizing PC and various software applications related to field of expertise is required. Also requires expert knowledge of standard practices within field of expertise, as well as applicable codes and regulations. Must be highly proficient in use of communication technology and automation in order to achieve the highest level of productivity. Must demonstrate the ability to perform in a lead capacity, and possess the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, on technical and non-technical subjects. Must be keenly adept in developing and applying technological solutions to the business marketplace.
- Knowledge of Greenway RIS1 and RIS2 a plus.
- Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief.