PSS’ Mission is to ‘Exceed Expectations’. PSS starts from within by exceeding the expectations of its employees. The company believes that satisfied employees will be motivated to provide superior service to PSS’ numerous clients who will then in turn be satisfied with the company’s performance. While many firms are reluctant to pursue government/corporate relations, PSS accepts the challenge and steps ahead to provide superior support wherever needed. This is how PSS does business; adding efficiency to the process, achieving results more quickly thus reaching the finish line first and treating all parties fairly.
We have continuing and immediate requirements for experienced employees and consultants to support our Washington area federal clients. We are now pursuing contracts that require full-time:
- Job Title
- Principal Digital Signal Processing Technical Expert
- Job ID
- Fort Meade, MD 20755
- Other Location
Project Support Services Inc. is currently seeking a Principal Digital Signal Processing Technical Expert. This is a government contract opportunity with a prestigious Agency. The candidates must be able to successfully complete a government background investigation. Successful candidates will be charged with performing the duties listed below individually and as part of a team.
Project Support Services Inc. is a progressive Service-Disabled Veteran-owned business with the best interest of its employees and clients at the forefront of its platform.
Project Support Services Inc. offers an excellent compensation package including competitive salaries, health care coverage (medical, dental, and vision), vacation, paid holidays, 401k retirement package, four-tier bonus structure, and more. Interested applicants should apply to this job using the directions listed in this application. Thank you!
We are sourcing for project within the Department of Defense to provide a wide range of skills and expertise to perform technology development, testing, integration of hardware and software applications, and associated documentation and training.
- Digital signal processing and associated techniques, to include digital filter, tuner, energy burst detection, signal acquisition, demodulation, forward error correction analysis and design using MATLAB/Octave/Python
- RF system analysis and design: RF timing, digital receivers (receivers, digitizers, tuners), network-based RF digital sample ingest and data flow
- Software development for creating Software Defined Radio solutions: C, C++, VHDL, REDHAWK, GNU Radio
- Serving as the project’s RF Subject Matter Expert and liaison to internal and external stakeholders
- Leading multi-disciplinary teams in designing and developing capabilities for the detection, demodulation, and processing of RF communications signals
- Developing analytical techniques for the identification, characterization, and survey of RF communications
- Researching and reverse engineering new signal processing techniques and modern RF communications
- Supporting new business development efforts to include identifying contract growth opportunities, developing solutions to support new business capture, and providing RF Subject Matter Expertise across the organization
- Mentoring junior engineers in RF and digital signal processing techniques
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline and 20 years of related experience, or a combination of education and related experience.
- Applied experience in the detection, demodulation, and processing of modern RF communications systems across the VLF to SHF ranges
- Broad antenna design experience including early concept development, requirements analysis, antenna design, test and evaluation, and risk assessment
- Experience with radio direction finding systems to include antennas, front end phase matched cabling, and receivers.
- Experience with RF Communications and Digital Signal Processing software development
- Experience designing and developing Software Defined Radio (SDR) solutions to include Software Communications Architecture (SCA), REDHAWK and GNU Radio
- Experience programming in a Linux environment using C/C++ and/or Python
- Excellent verbal and writing skills with attention to detail and the ability to create technical documentation and plans
- Masters of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Experience with HFSS or other antenna modeling software.
- Experience with Matlab or other signal processing modeling tools.
- Security Clearance Requirements:
- TS/SCI with Polygraph